More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mr_eff mr_eff

Whose role do you take on?

Reglin Farmstedt- A Guardsman in a Fantastical Alternate World (mr_eff)

A/N: Given that TAM is a magical tale at it's core, I am wanting to take a stab at actually writing it in a fantasy setting. No apps. No computers. I want it to be a tale of a young man in a feudal fantasy setting where magic exists, though it this society will have its own peculiarities. The TAM will have more of an impact on his life than in just the romance department. I am wanting it to be one of romance and harem-building with more of a slow burn and more adventure. The kinks involved will definitely not be too ...

E/N: Let’s all give a warm welcome to mr_eff. His offering to the lords of perversion is a pretty damn well written fantasy story. Looking forward to seeing where he takes it. ~W

4th Litordae, 25th day of the month of Semens (Sem), the 3672nd year of Salvation's Landing

Being back in the Royal Palace of Polivandria was somewhat surreal for Reglin Farmstedt. Sure he had walked these halls, ran more like, just a little over four years ago, but time changes one's perspective. And being out in the field for a majority of those years provided a sharp contrast in lifestyles. Life campaigning was obviously a rough one. Sleeping in a sack out on the Marches to the west made barracks living seem like luxury. But now being stationed in the royal guardhouse? It was decadence in comparison to where he just came from.

Reglin was a good bit taller than average, standing around 6'2". He has an athletic build with broad shoulders and a slender waist and hips, giving him a leaner look. His light brown hair was close-cropped in the typical fashion of a soldier, but well maintained. Reglin could not really grow a beard yet at only 22 years of age, so he kept his face clean-shaven. he leaned into the common mirror in the barracks room and squinted, looking into his own hazel eyes, making sure that he had gotten any of the last remnants of last night's sleep fro the corners of his eyes.

Making an adjustment to the Polivander royal tabard that was now a staple of his new uniform, he smoothed it out, making his best effort to make it appear perfect. The tabard decorated with the Polivander family seal; A standing crimson heraldic bear on a solid field of black. Simple enough, but it did strike an imposing visage on the battlefield when shown in large numbers. dark and foreboding. Settling other uniform accouterments into their proper places, Reglin was satisfied with his appearance in the mirror and turned to head out the royal house barracks, located near the northwestern corner of the palace in the cellar. To be expected, truly. The barracks had their own staircase that lead up to an exit to the courtyard in the rear of the palace.

Coming out the door on the ground level, Reglin was able to take in the stunningly cared for flowers, shrubs, and trees in the early morning air. The sun had yet to even crest the horizon yet, so all the colors were dulled out, but stunning none the less. He took in a deep breath, remembering all the floral fragrances as they came back. Unfortunately he did not have long to dally and after his brief moment of relaxation, he turned to the east and made the short walk to the a rear entrance into the palace. It was a small service door used by the staff and the guards hidden behind thick shrubs for those looking back onto the palace from the courtyard, so very to miss and made it look like the staff just disappeared at times.

Reglin briskly walked his way through the palace halls. It was his first day of duty in his new role. He made a left and headed south toward the southwestern corner of the palace. This corner of the palace was to the left of the main entrance as you came in, but tucked away in the halls so as to not be seen by royalty and nobles. It was here that the guardhouse was based. And it was here that Reglin would get his very first set of orders as a newly anointed royal guardsman.

Getting to the iron-reinforced thick, wooden door, Reglin gave it three quick raps with his hand encased in light gauntlets. After waiting just a few moments, the peephole slid open and he could see just a little more than an eye looking out. In a loud voice, the man inquired, "You the new guy?" His volume, if Reglin had to guess, was just always on loud. It didn't seem like he was ribbing the newest guardsman. With a curt nod and slight squint to his eyes, "Indeed. Reglin Farmstedt reporting as ordered."

With his own nod and a grunt of acknowledgment, the man pulled away and slammed the peephole shut. Then Reglin heard multiple slide-locks move out of place to allow the door to swing out towards him. Reglin took a hold of the door and nodded to the fellow guardsman once more. He was a wide man all the way through, from his face down to his legs. Powerfully build, Reglin could gather. The man's nose was wide, looking like it had been on the wrong end of a hammer and was smashed flat. Even his mouth was wide, but it was opened in a smile at least. Reglin said, "My thanks..." as the man turned and headed back into the guardhouse and gave wave without looking, "Welcome to you, Reglin! Glad to have ya! Name's Lim!" and Reglin was right, he's just loud. Reglin closed the door behind with a loud thud and the pushed closed the locks as per protocol.


"So what's the first order of business, gentlemen?" says Reglin

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)