More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by KIng Roman II KIng Roman II

Countinuing last page, What kind of monster/creature are you?

Black Fang Snake (Lesser)

Basking in the light of the sun, you stretch out yours body as you catch the heat reflecting off the large boulder you're currently resting upon. This is what you do most of your days, aside from hunting the occasional food source and avoiding those damned heroes. Contrary to their namesake, they were little more then egomaniacs and tyrants; their weapons slaughtering wildlife and other lesser creatures for the sheer pleasure and reward. Hoisting your head upwards, you take a peek at your meager stats; your mind still attempting to figure out how to grow stronger. Very few creatures ever do, as they're constantly hunted down before they have the chance.

...

Black Fang Snake

Lvl: 2

Melee Attack: 4

Ranged Attack: 1

Weakness: Fire.

Special Abilities:

Reptilian Blood: Gains 1 HP/second in daylight.

Snake Blood: Immune to Poison.

Snake Venom: 1% chance to deal immediate fatal bite. Provides damage bonus to living non-plant creatures.

...

You'd already been killed a few times; so little due to the minor experience you dropped and the fact that you rarely even gave up anything aside from a piece or two of leather. Not even enough to fashion those sickening garbs they draped along their bodies. So many other innocent reptiles that were brutally ended for naught. Regardless of the fact that you re-spawned, you still felt the pain of being skinned or burned alive in combat.

Letting your eyes flutter open, you flick out your tongue in an attempt to sense your surroundings. It is then that you coil up in self-defense as a new source of heat enters your vicinity. It is the sounds of loudening grunts and the clumsy stomping of feet that alert you to whom they are.

A hero.

But how did they get there silently? There was supposed to be a chime that heralded their arrival, and warned all wildlife! To top that off, they had to be right by you! Thinking your a moment, you held back a hiss; warning them of your presence would seal your fate. There was no way you could take them on, so perhaps if you simply hi-

"Oy! I found a snake! I got the last piece of leather to make my armor!" cried out a voice, as you mentally cursed yourself. You could see a the hero step in front of you, their brazen attitude merely mocking your much smaller size. You were barely even a foot long. "Come on, bitch, I want a new set of leather armor."

Acting on instinct, you lash out forward, sinking your small fangs into the flesh of their hand. You had to wonder who the hell would attempt to grab a snake without proper care or protection.

"Shit! You ass!" roared the hero, as they lifted their hands at you. You tightened your body in a coil as you watched the spark of flames form at their fingertips.

So this was how your peace ended? A quiet day of basking in the sun, only to be killed by a savage. Shutting your eyes, you prepared for the worst as you hoped it would be a quick burning.

"...wh-what's going on?..." stuttered your would-be killer, as they began to sway. Glancing up, you watched as their skin paled and life points quickly drained. What was happening?

Retreating back to the grass behind you, you stay silent and hidden as you watch the hero, an elven male by their appearance, struggle to stand to his feet. His knees buckle and you observe as he crumples to the ground finally.

"St-stupid snake!...I forgot Black Fangs have...one hi-hit kills, damn...at least, I saved my loot..." he whispers, before vanishing in a flash of light as he dies and supposedly respawns elsewhere. You raise your head in sudden surprise as you remember your special ability. Your bites held the sliver of a chance to instantly kill any living creature.

But it worked!? You killed a hero!! Did that mean you gre-

Before you can finish your thought, you hiss as a shot of energy and power course through your body; a flash of light blinding you as you crash back to the ground. Blinking, you shake your head and wriggle in an attempt to regain some form of awareness.

You feel stronger, larger, and even more agile? Glancing at your stats, you yelp in shock as you realize the hero was perhaos a high-level that you managed to take down. At least, judging from your newfound stats.

...

Black Fangs

Lvl: 14

Melee Attack: 28

Ranged Attack: 6

Weakness: Fire

Special Abilities:

Reptilian Blood: Gains 3 HP/second in daylight.

Snake Blood: Immune to Poison.

Snake Venom: 1% chance to deal immediate fatal bite

*New Ability*

Snake Venom Spit: 10% to Poison. 15% to inflict Blind.

...

Shuddering in excitement, you suddenly glance around, noticing that the trees and grass are now much smaller then they used to seem. If anything, you could guess you now ran at close to eight feet long; thick as the standard hero's arms.

Perhaps, now, you could truly fight back! For so long, you stood as a pesky victim, always fleeing and hiding from these vile animals. Now, it was your turn to hunt them! Of course, you needed to figure out where to go first. Clerly the higher tier lands were out if the question as you would easily be killed.

Perhaps some of the low-level caves and dungeons that weaker heroes seemed to love? That would provide a hefty experience boost, enough to scale at least a few levels.

Or even one of the small villages; their inhabitants were rarely ever fighters, but you would perhaps strike another level or two at most.

Where do you go to next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)