More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by KIng Roman II KIng Roman II

Where do you go to next?

Hunters Become The Hunted! (Cave Dungeon)

After basking in the lighf for a bit, a habit that long since became customary for you, the sun finally falls and night comes about. For the longest time, you spent your life as an ambush predator; able to attack only those beneath your stature. Patience and care were your closest allies.

With your newfound growth, however, you find the prospect of growing stronger is far too great to resist. Perhaps it was your upbringing with little yield, or the blood of a hunter, that spurred you to seek the bigger prize.

Slithering across the ground, the grass and foliage gradually rose further above as you delved deeper into the thick forest, covering your trail and yourself from any would-be attackers. Flicking your tongue at a consistent rate, you shiver slightly at the cool weather. It wasn't your usual preference, but it made it much easier to sense the heat from other creatures, regardless of the low light.

"...-m just saying! If we don't set up camp, we might get ambushed, Ashe!" groaned a male voice, as you come to a halt. You're still a fair bit away from the cave, but perhaps stalking the source of the commotion could have rewards. Coiling up, so that you're well-hidden beneath a small bush, you quietly observe the event unfolding. Ahead, you spot a young human male, with only a seemingly basic set of leather armor.

"Relax, Vay! We still have a lot of loot to track! Besides, there aren't any strong enemies around, so whatever that raid party dropped when we ambushed them is for the taking." replied a young Elven woman; her hair tied in a knot above her head. Strapped to her back was a bow, a fairly strong one from what you could see, and one that you would prefer to remain sheathed.

Uncoiling, you silently move around them, your body sprawling behind thhe young male, whom you realize is rather careless. Listening to his anxious tone, you would have thought he'd be on much higher alert. Holding no love for the heroes of old, you can't help but feel that the children nowadays have become sloppy and disorganized.

"Look, stay here and keep watch, alright? I'll go a bit further and see if I find something good, 'kay?" asks the elf, as she straightens herself and quickly moves forward. The amount of silence in her movements is shocking, considering the foliage should be rustling. Watching the young man nod meekly, you move in just close enough to get a good look at him.

From his timidity and overall attire, you can guess he's no lower then level 5, and perhaps 8 at most.

Bracing the muscles in your tail, you swing it forth and strike the area behind his knee. Almost quietly, the man fell to the dirt with a low grunt, before looking back to see what had hit his backside. Without a moment to spare, you launch yourself and land a strike right at his throat.

*Critical Hit*

*Stealth Bonus*

Falling back to the hard dirt below, you coil up to prepare for a second strike, only to be blinded by another flash of light. Once more, power courses through your body and now you feel yourself grow a bit further in length and size. It takes a few seconds to recover, but you do so just in time.

"Vay!? Where you at, idiot!? What was that flash!? I swear if you died, I'll PK you back at respawm town!" shouted the female elf, causing you to flee back to the bushes. Rather then stay and risk a direct conflict, you decide to it's best to continue your journey.

You already killed one adventurer, and the woman seemed both more skilled and alert. It probably was better to find the dungeon first, and perhaps check your stats then.

Where to next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)