More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Stalagg Stalagg

What will you do first with your new power?

Practice before you decide to change the world

To have been granted the power of God, ultimate control over all of creation was no small matter. Supposedly, you now had the same powers of God himself but without the same means of application or experience. The last factor was key, you note.

Experience.

You were shy of twenty years old yourself. When compared to God who if memory serves was eternal, existing long before existence was even aware of itself, to say you were lacking in experience was a vast understatement. Thankfully, the best way to deal with such matters was with practice. Contradicting rules after all canceled the previous out, by testing a rule’s effects you could decide on what to keep and what to change.

With this in mind, you dug into your desk and found a notebook of your’s you had been using for school. Turning to a completely new page, you tapped your chin before deciding on something simple. Something so inconsequential that there was no chance it would harm anything.

• Any gum I chew will never run out of its flavor

Boom. You’re a genius. Unwrapping a stick of the quickest brand you had on hand, you stuck that into your mouth and hit the timer on your phone.

Two hours later and you still had the taste of cheap mint in your mouth. As much as you’d like to keep this ‘rule’, this was all to test it. Moving just beneath the gum rule, you wrote out a new one specifically to contradict the old.

• Any gum I chew will lose its flavor in three seconds

One stick. Two sticks. A pack of gum later, not one of them could retain their taste before getting drab and lifeless. Eyes wide and in complete disbelief, you erased the new rule to fix the old. Once done, and tasting sweet sweet artificial flavoring in your mouth, your mind became overwhelmed with possibility.

With infinite gum at your disposal, how shall you use this power?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)