More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Stalagg Stalagg

With infinite gum at your disposal, how shall you use this power?

Fix the world a little bit why don’t ya?

With God’s power at your fingertips you could right any wrong you wished and that was exactly what you were going to do. It was your world now might as well change it to your liking. You grinned at the thought, a lover of world building games you were. The idea of designing a world for real this time, to have true influence and power was going to be something you were never going to live without.

Artificial mint freshened your breath as you sharpened your #2 pencil, blowing the shavings from the top you set your pencil down and set to work.

~ Six hours later

Well. That was it. Dropping the now drastically reduced pencil onto your counter, metaphorical steam rising from the tool that had altered reality itself, you leaned back in your chair. The feeling you had right now was a mixture of mental exhaustion, satisfaction, and hunger. But ultimately you figured it was well worth it.

You single handedly ensured that no one on the Planet Earth would ever go without again. Would never again know what it was like to feel hungry or thirsty. Exposed to the elements or ever rendered unsafe. Glimpsing down to the rule book, you reread everything that you wrote with the satisfaction of a man who knew he changed history.

• I am the exception to the rules I write for the majority, but not the rules I write for myself specifically

You weren’t about to let this gift Monkey’s Paw you into trouble, so you made a point to specify to your own godly powers to exclude you from the world you were changing.

• Mankind will prioritize the development of readily available clean food and water for everyone

Companies and governments will push heavily for renewable, clean, and safe energy sources

Foods that are considered healthy by nutritional values will be delicious to anyone’s tastes and preferences, regardless to their appearance or nature

Governments and Companies globally will prioritize advancements in Space Flight and Planetary exploration and colonization over military spending

Corruption in governments and companies will be eliminate beyond small gifts and hiring favoritism

Education, Healthcare, and infrastructure services will be prioritized globally by world Governments

Advanced Education And Healthcare services will be provided free, funded through taxation

Life threatening diseases and conditions will have prioritized focus to curing rather than just treatment by medical researchers and pharmaceutical companies

Seemed well so far. You had taken time considering each and every rule you had written. Weighing not just the benefits and drawbacks of each one, but as well as how much it infringed on mankind’s own will. For even if you had the power to do so, changing the free will of humanity was not something you wanted to do overly much.

Enough to where people would cease being awful with one another definitely and begin prioritizing more beneficial ventures for better futures for everyone. You still left possibility for conflict and the like. Still left it up to the world to develop the systems and needs you had listed. Another problem came to your attention towards the end.

With the availability of resources and means of living without the means to, the population was, for a lack of a better phrase, going to fucking explode. Ruining what you had done because people started fucking like rabbits just wouldn’t do.

The fact this coincided with what plans you had for yourself however was not a deciding factor in this decision. Not in the slightest. Picking up your nub of a pencil, you shook your head before readying a fine black pen you saved for special occasions.

• All Human Males have reduced Sperm production, which reduces incrementally based on how many children they already sired.

Male sperm production is further reduced in the proximity of higher populations, increasing in regions/areas with lower populations

Birth rates for Humans will favor women seven out of ten times

STD severity is drastically reduced and chance of contracting STDs is reduced. Fear and awareness of STDs and how they spread increases globally

Boom. With this you had effectively dealt with the population crisis that would have arisen in the future without changing who anyone was. The added benefit of worries of contracting anything would keep people from being too careless when it came to unprotected sex. Sure, keeping the existence of these diseases may have been seen as wrong, it was another problem you wanted mankind to solve.

The world outside of your home had been changed to a significant degree. But you’d get to alter YOUR world quite yet. That was about to change.

Change yourself in what way?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)