More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Moot Moot

Which neighbourhood does Jessica choose?

Pinesdale

Jessica stared intently out of the train window, watching as busy city with skyscrapers starting turning into small houses before finally becoming a mix of green fields and trees. She turned away from the window, and looked at her paperwork on the desk in front. She'd chosen to visit a small town called 'Pinesdale'.

The file and any online site described the town as very peaceful, also stating that its a policeman's dream work location because there is little crime. Jessica was surprised this neighbourhood was on the file, which is why she chose it. The information she had been given suggested that the town was too perfect, and reckoned that something sinister was going on underneath the peaceful reputation.

She then looked at the victims who had been reported missing in the area, they were all young women. One important fact Jessica needed to note was that the women all had small criminal records in other states for trespassing and burglary. This seemed pretty odd for a town with such a peaceful reputation, Jessica thought. Jessica decided to think nothing of it for the time being. Instead, she closed her eyes and slept for the duration of the journey to Pinesdale.


The train came to a complete sudden stop, waking Jessica up instantly. "Final stop, Pinesdale." The trian announcer told the passengers on the carriage. Jessica found her suitcase and exited the train. The station was incredibly small, a normal train would only be able to fit two carriages on the platform. As Jessica walked out the station, she was beginning to understand what the file meant by 'small'.

She was literally in the middle of nowhere. In the end, Jessica managed to finally call a taxi, and she was taken to a motel, which was where she would be staying while she investigated this peaceful town. Once in her room, she took a glance out of her window. The entire view of Pinesdale could be seen, looking glorious as the sun rose. She took out her phone and snapped a few pictures, thinking it could both be useful for her investigation and would make a good picture for an article.

Jessica grabbed the file and sat by the window wondering where she should start.

Where does Jessica start?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)