More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Moot Moot

Where does Jessica start?

Pinesdale Farm

Jessica flicked through every database she could find about the town, looking for something that could be related to the missing persons case. All she was able to find were great things about the town, like how peaceful it was and how low its crime rate was. Just as she was about to close her laptop and head for bed, Jessica found an article on a news website. It had been written by a rival of hers, with disgust she opened the link

The article talked about a technological breakthrough in a farm near Pinesdale. It was completely mechanical and did not require any human being to be there to run it. She did see that further into the article it explains that it get monthly checkups by a human, or if the system encounters a problem then humans will intervene.

Jessica's mind got to work. She concluded that if anybody was secretly going to go missing, or serve a secret alternative sentence, it would be somewhere that a human didn't need to be. Jessica looked at the time, 10pm. She had decided it would be best to investigate at night to avoid detection, even if the place was not guarded at all.

The reporter quickly slammed her laptop shut and eagerly grabbed her things. She pulled a tight pair of blue jeans over her big butt, and wore a white top. She then wrapped a stylish trench coat around herself, to make her look just the part for an investigator. She walked out of the motel and booked a taxi, thankful they still run them at this time of night.


The taxi drove down a very dark dirt track. Jessica felt uneasy, as she couldn't see anything outside of the taxi headlights. Eventually, the car had made it to a turning in the dirt road. Jessica could see huge warehouses that were surrounded by farming equipment. She paid the taxi driver, who was incredibly confused about why a woman like her wanted to go here in the middle of the night.

As the car drove away, Jessica reached into her backpack and pulled out a torch to enable her to still see. She sighed, and took a step forward into the farm...

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)