More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What are these?

Normality Cards

The Normality Cards appear as a deck of standard sized playing cards in an ornately carved wooden box. On the backs of most cards is an illustration of a beautiful woman from the waist up, unashamedly nude with her palms open and turned towards the sky, a golden letter "N" resting in each. On the other side of the card are the words "It is normal to" followed by any number of unusual actions to take. These actions range from the merely unusual such as "It is normal to wear a silly hat", to acts of an erotic nature such as "It is normal to greet adults of the opposite gender with a deep, sensual kiss". There are said to be thousands of decks of normality cards throughout the multiverse, depending on which one is used, the types of action on the other side of the card may differ. Each card is illustrated with a visual representation of the act. When drawn the user must follow the instructions on the card

Some decks of the cards come with an additional deck of cards, the first kind being the time cards. The backs of these cards show a different woman, in the same pose, as the one on the normality cards, with the sun and moon in her palms. These cards have a different time period written on the back. Some examples of what might be written on these cards are "On Mondays" "Whenever the sun is below the horizon" "Starting next month" or "For the next five years". These cards are drawn along with the normality cards to modify their effects.

The other possible bonus deck of cards are the people cards. The backs of these cards are illustrated with a nude man and woman holding hands. These cards have a type of person written and shown on the back. Depending on the deck of cards these can range from very general, like "Women", to more specific, like "Female Guitar Players". Playing one of these cards will make the normality card effect everyone that falls under that category.

The cards of each type are shuffled, and placed face down in their own stack. Starting with the player with the longest hair and moving counter clockwise, each player draws a card from each stack. If there are no people cards, then the person who drew the normality card is the one effected by default. If there are no time cards, then the usual length of time for the normality card to be in effect is forever. A common variant of the rules allows the drawer of the normality card to choose who the card effects from among the people at the table, including themselves. One thing can be known for certain: those who come upon the normality cards most certainly shall find their lives remarkably changed, for better or worse. May fortune smile upon the one who dares to learn of a fateful encounter with the Normality Cards.

-The Unknown God

Where do the Normality Cards appear?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)