More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Cantalope Cantalope

What are you?

Morphworm

You are a foot-long wormlike creature, capable of changing shape and color to match the environment. Currently you resemble a grey pancake as you try to blend in to the cave ceiling. You were easily one of the weakest monsters in the game, existing more as a joke to startle unwary heroes as they went spelunking in their first cave. Most of the time you didn't even bother attacking, just tried to hide out of the way like the rest of your kind, hoping the heroes didn't try for the achievement you got after clearing the cave. Feeling pitiful, not at all empowered by your earlier outburst, you slide into the crack of an old stalactite as an approaching torch casts flickering shadows down the cave and echoing voices bounce off the walls.

"-tunnel is usually pretty safe but watch your feet. Sometimes we get a morphworm infestation that we have to clear out-there's one now! Quickly, lock on to it and do your worst!"

Oh how you hated that man. He was the foreman/tutorial master for this area and he passed through several times a day, complaining about morphworm infestations. Your kind were here first dammit! You see a young girl charge underneath you, moving to stab one of your relatives, and hear the foreman moving to follow. In a fit of rage, you press as hard as you can against the sides of the crack, futilely trying to get some payback...CRACK!

BOOOM.

...You did it. You actually did it. Slithering off of the rubble, you hear some defeated piano notes and some words flash before the startled girl:

Quest Failed: Foreman_Tutorial_Giver has died

The girls face, a dark-haired paladin by the looks of it, is painted with shock as she tries to comprehend how she failed the tutorial mission. She spins around to confront the cause and-BANG-hits her head on a stalactite and slides to the ground, dazed.

A wave of XP courses through you and a small DING echoes off the cave walls:

Lvl. Up!

Morphworm
Lvl. 2 +2
Melee Attack: 3 +4
Ranged Attack: 0 +0
Weakness: Light/Fire
Special Abilities:
(Lesser) Morph: Can change basic shape/color at will
Leech: Can leech health from an enemy through physical contact.

Specialization Available!
Choose one to continue:
+Parasite: can seize control of enemies through physical core contact. (-5 mobility, +5 intelligence)
+Tunneler: significant increase in size/strength/durability. Gains the ability to tunnel through soft earth (+10 size/strength/armor)

Which specialization do you choose?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)