More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Imperia Imperia

Who are you?

Master Thief Amand Calvet

You sigh inwardly, pretending to stare at the map of Levasseur's manor. Not that you needed to. Your main difficulty on most days is pretending not to notice the constant flow of rogues as they loot every chest, crate, and pocket in your hideout. What did the developers expect? Honor among thieves? As if.

You are Amand Calvet, NPC supposedly in charge of the Thieves' Guild. What this means is you repeat standard conversations with your guild-mates, give generic vague orders, and stand in the secret room beneath the Dueling Doves Inn. Of course, your most important of jobs is to give any players who get past the guards your quest. It doesn't take much, a decent charisma or cunning check and you're in.

Finally, the last of the heroes in the room leave, and you and your subordinates breath a collective sigh of relief. Peak hours were finally over, so you'd at least get to stretch now and then. You flip open a journal next to the map and make a few more tallies. Today you've handed out your quest a total of 20 times. Damn. Just two shy of your record. Maybe more people would take your quest, if the reward was more than a pair of god-damned gauntlets. Of strength. To be given to dedicated THIEVES! Honestly, what were the devs thinking? It explained why the completion numbers were so low compared to the acceptance ones.

Taking a goblet from Angèle, you idly check your stats as you sip your wine.


Name: Amand Calvet
Race: Human
Class: Thief
Level: 4
Health: 50/50
Mana: 12/12
Melee: 6
Ranged: 4
Abilities:
Disappear - Turn invisible for 4 seconds.
Caltrops - Spread caltrops over a small area, slowing enemies and causing bleeding for 6 seconds.


Well, it was something. At least you had some abilities. Which you needed, when the justice seeking heroes came to arrest you and your band. Ostensibly, anyway, since they'd just kill you then and there. At least the rogues would just swipe your gold and jewelry. Over. And over. And over...

You grumble into your cup, again focusing on the map spread before you. The manor of the eccentric and obviously corrupt mayor of Saint-Valognes. It was a deathtrap for new rogues. Filled to the brim with traps and monsters. Having such a low-level quest giver only an hour's walk from a starting zone give out this kind of quest was really cruel.

But as much as you hated those idiot heroes, you envied them far more. To actually be able to leave and live up to that "master thief" reputation. But instead, you stood planning for a heist you'd never get to carry out. This was your life.

But maybe something was about to change. You heard the eerie music of someone entering the room again, but don't even put down your cup. You look toward the newcomer.

Who is it this time?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)