More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who is going to lose her clothes?

Martha Jones (Doctor Who)

Dr Martha Smith-Jones, or simply Martha Jones, was a British physician. She met the Tenth Doctor while in residency at Royal Hope Hospital in London when the hospital was transported to the Moon by the Judoon troops, after which she began travelling with the Time Lord.

Unlike other companions, she not only became infatuated with the Doctor but also declared her feelings to him. She decided to stop travelling with him as he could not return her affection, but continued to have a number of adventures, both with and without him, thanks to her work with UNIT and Torchwood.

Martha also went onto marry Mickey Smith, and the two broke out on their own to become alien fighters despite having ties to Torchwood from two different Earths. She encountered the Doctor again before he regenerated, saving her life one more time.

Martha Jones was born in 1986 to Francine and Clive Jones. She had an older sister named Tish, a younger brother, Leo, and a niece, Keisha Jones, who was Leo's daughter. When she was a child, Leo pushed the swing so hard that she flew off the seat and broke her arm. Going to the hospital and looking at X-rays fascinated her, which was when she decided she wanted to become a doctor.

Martha grew up with her mother when her parents divorced and was often to play peacekeeper in continual family arguments. Tish and Leo also lived with them, with Martha sleeping in their home's smallest room.

Martha devoured Annette Billingsley's The Troubleseekers, a thirty-two book series, around the age of eight; they were the first books that she ever read. She later read Harry Potter and His Dark Instruments.

Martha had three trumpet lessons in Year 6 of primary school.

Martha was an intelligent, brave and kind-hearted woman with a great sense of humour. When she was a prisoner of the Daleks, one of them confirmed that she possessed high intelligence.

The Doctor was impressed with her theory about having air on the Moon, and he asked her to join him in the hospital balcony to see if they could breathe.

She rose to every challenge the Doctor gave her: watching after him while he was human, and walking the world for a year.

Martha was willing to accept and defend non-humans as friends. She greeted unusual looking species with wonder and even treated injuries.

She quickly adapted pattern of speech and gesture to communicate more effectively with other species.

Martha quickly developed a crush on the Doctor and always wondered if he even noticed her. Martha was envious of Joan Redfern when the Doctor made himself a human named John Smith and fell in love with her.

In the Year That Never Was, Martha admitted that she loved the Doctor, but after the Master's defeat, she decided that holding on to the hope that he would return her feelings was not good for her. Her feelings for him, in addition to the enormous ordeal she had been put through, strained her relationship with the Doctor to the point that she decided to leave the TARDIS.

She was later engaged to Tom, but eventually married Mickey Smith instead.

Her time walking the Earth gave rise to a more soldier-like and less naive side of Martha. Nevertheless, she retained her kindness, sense of adventure, and fierce determination to do the right thing. Despite their strained relationship, she remained loyal to the Doctor, and indeed took many of his teachings to heart. For instance, despite her work at UNIT, she very rarely carried a gun. She explicitly stated that by working inside UNIT, she might be able to change it for the better.

Although she had cause to be jealous of Rose Tyler, Martha seemed genuinely happy for the Doctor when he and Rose were reunited. She got along very well with Donna Noble. After the Year That Never Was, Martha became a close friend of Captain Jack Harkness and although she did not seem to return his overtures, she did not mind when he flirted with her.

She even kissed him when she left her temporary assignment to the Torchwood team, claiming that "everyone else has had a go."

Martha had a scientific mind. Her knowledge, analytical and problem solving skills were frequently on display.

Her knowledge and logic allowed her to execute very complicated coordinated plans based on very little information from the Doctor.

She was shown to fluently speak German.

She also proved handy with a gun.

Of course, her medical skills were her most developed, especially after the experience she gained with aliens and other unusual medical situations, finding her working with organisations such as UNIT and Torchwood Three.

How does Martha end up naked ?


What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)