More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by tallywhacker tallywhacker

Who is it?

Mage

A teenaged girl scrambles through the heavy door. She seems mousey and weak in a way that should prohibit even opening your chamber if weight existed outside of inventories. The only metal on her body is in jewelery, and none of it looks protective. Despite her loose robes, it's clear she has a lithe frame and even without a helmet, you stand nearly a foot taller than her.

She's clearly not one for physical combat; she probably spams projectiles from the sidelines and kites enemies when they get too close. It's not unusual for heroes to go solo against you, it's not a particularly hard fight if one focuses on your obvious weak point, but it's pretty cocky from a mage. Standard operating procedure dictates that a mage should at least partner with a tank to draw aggro, but you guess you're just that trivial in the eyes of the heroes.

Well, let's just see how trivial this witch thinks you are after this little trick. You start shuffling towards her, filling the chamber with metallic sounds. You both know you're slow, but you doubt she know how slow

The mage can't help a chuckle at your pathetic pace and begins chanting. Now you start marching at full speed, Still a crawl compared to a hero's pace, but easily double your previous clip. Surprise and worry flash across the girl's face, her spell-charging keeping her stationary.

You watch the meter fill above the witch as you close the distance. You decide the odds are a little too even to risk a full approach and instead lunge out with your fist once you're close enough. It comes with a cooldown, but interrupting a mage's spell makes it backfire

What spell was she using?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)