More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Consensueros Consensueros

Where does Mackenzie work?

Her own small-town mechanic's shop

Mackenzie's "Positive Auto Repair" had officially been open for a year, and while it had involved a lot of sweat, tears, and occasional blood, it had been satisfying and she had risen to the challenge. However, no matter how hard she worked, things were tight. She had scrimped and saved and borrowed to get together the money to open her own shop and get away from her last auto-repair job and the coworkers that had charmingly delighted in putting her down. Now she had her own shop and mortgage debt up to her eyeballs, but she had customers and work. She did good work, and the biggest jerks had mostly trickled away or at least kept it to themselves, but she could count on friends, family, or other community members she knew stopping in to get an estimate at any hour of the day.

Mackenzie rode the three miles from her house to the garage on her motorcycle, the summer heat sweltering around her. One forecaster had called for record-breaking heat, and another had called for thunderstorms, which probably meant it would snow. She wore her usual work clothes: a navy blue mechanic's jumpsuit that covered her from neck to heavy boots, cinched at the waist with a loose belt to make it hug her waist just a tiny bit. Laden with pockets, the suit also featured a pink name tag with "Mackenzie" written on it. It was the last suit in the back of her closet, as she was currently attempting to deep clean and reuse all the others, including all the uniforms she kept at work. This one appeared intact aside from a few loose threads at the cuffs and ankles, but Mackenzie had forgotten whether she intentionally put that uniform in the back. She hoped it wasn't the one with the dodgy zipper, but she had thrown that one away... Right? The uniform project had backed up her laundry significantly, meaning she definitely was not wearing her first choice of underwear, if any were available at all...

As she pulled up to the shop, her motorcycle sputtered and died. That was part of the plan so she could fix it there, but it now meant she was stuck at work, as the other two vehicles in the shop were currently torn apart for major repairs. She wasn't riding anywhere without a repair job ahead. Opening the doors, she turned on the massive industrial fans that kept the shop livable, if loud from the sounds of the heavy blades. She could begin work immediately, but she also had the option to call someone to help her fix both cars at once, which would help her get them out of the door and paid more quickly. Alex, Mackenzie's literal childhood boy next door, was tall, broad, shy, and sweet. He worked on his father's farm, but he'd come over to help with anything, and Mackenzie had had a huge crush on him when they were younger that never quite went anywhere. And if she was being honest, she still had something of a crush on him. She could also invite over Brandon, an old coworker that had inherited the small shop across town along with a small fortune. His gaze tended to linger on her or other women, and he sometimes seemed to drop just-short-of-perverted innuendo, but always just barely within standards of decency. He hadn't been mean to Mackenzie, even if there was something of a rivalry between them, and he was clever and likely to be available, even though he already had more money than he knew what to do with...

How does Mackenzie's day start to get interesting?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)