More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Blackskull Blackskull

What's next?

Her first misson

Ava, codename Ghost, looked out of the back of the plane as the ground rushed by underneath.

"Are you ready?" a voice called in her ear. Ava nodded in reply, before realising this would not be seen.

"Ready!" she said loudly over the rushing wind.

"Over the drop zone!" the SHIELD agent by her side shouted, tapping Ghost on the shoulder. The second tap, his hand went partway through her arm. He looked at it disconcerted, before pulling his hand back.

Ignoring this, Ava jumped through the door at the back of the plane.

Air whipped past her, deafening her. She saw the ground coming up at her, seemingly faster than it had in her practice drops back in America. Before she knew it she was below radar level and pulled her chute.

The descent slowed so suddenly that it seemed as if she stopped in midair. Ava hung from her parachute, looking at the ground below. Her white suit contained her powers as much as possible, but she worried that in the night air it made her a highly visible target.

She floated slowly down, a clump of trees coming into focus below her. She was on course for her objective. Ava herself to relax, she had practised this a hundred times.

Suddenly she was falling quicker, a glance upwards and she saw her parachute floating higher above, the straps no longer attached to her as she had inadvertently phased right through them!

A moment later, Ava crashed into the top of a tall tree, branches whipping around her and bringing her to a stop.

"Ow." she groaned.

"Ghost, what happened?" a voice came over her earpiece.

"Tell Bill his suit still needs some work." she replied, "I dropped out of my chute."

"Are you still operative?"

"Yeah, mission is still go." Ava replied, making her way down the tree branch. The suit was still a huge improvement on not having it, when she would randomly drop through floors. Now it was her choice when to become intangible, mostly. She used this ability to drop down branches, phasing through one and becoming solid to stand on the next. This was a safer way of getting down, and the one she preferred, after a similar exercise back at headquarters on a climbing wall had resulted in her splitting her pants.

Ava jumped the final few feet down to ground level. She was on a rough dirt track, which led for another twenty metres down the road before ending up at a nondescript concrete building. A building which she was reliably informed was a weapons development plant for Hydra.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)