More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

Countinuing last page, What kind of monster/creature are you?

Gazer

You're a Gazer. The most juvenile version of a series of monsters inhabiting the Vaults of Valspire, a zone added in a recent update. These deep, winding caves turn from natural stone to a hectic maze of traps, mini-boss encounters, puzzles and glorious glorious loot. Naturally, of course, such a basic and storied idea had to be mucked up by the developers somewhere, and it of course had to start with you.

As your name implies, you're a rather small creature with smooth black skin and a single giant eye that dominates most of your form. You can blink, roll to move and have the ability to stun people if you see them; Great, right? Here's the thing though. You can't attack people. All you can do is stare at them, meagerly attempting to paralyze them until you run out of MP or die, and given your abyssmal stats it's easy for you to do either frankly. Next, they spatter the entire upper layer of the Vaults with you as a lesson to adventurers, because you have to be able to see them to paralyze them.

Guess what inhibits your ability? Darkness. Guess what caves are? Dark. So the only people you can affect are those who are brightly lit, or so close you'll be dead before you can effect them. To make matters worse, this update introduced a variety of new items to give low-light or nightvision to classes and races who previously did not have access to it. To add insult to this injury, you can access the Vaults at any level, and the Gazers are designed to give an unnaturally high amount of experience if you're under certain levels, a little extra bonus for players who aren't high enough to tackle the Vaults proper to get them leveled faster.

You're pretty much a living reminder to people to get used to using these new tools or have a bad time, and to top it off? You can't attack, at all. Your gaze paralyzes and you can move, congratulations. You've reached the extent of your combat capabilities.

You're in an empty side passage right now, having rolled here in a fit of melancholy to get away from the main traffic areas of the floor you're on, and you decide to check your stats for a moment.

Gazer

Level: 1
Health: 5/5
Mana: 6/6
Physical Attack:0
Ranged Attack: 0
Immunities: None
Resistances: None
Weaknesses: Light, Dark, Blind

Abilities -

Stare [MP 3]: A Gazer's sight causes paralysis in targets at a 20% chance, affected by a target's magic resistances. This paralysis lasts until dispelled or broken free of.

Spells/Skills -

None

You'd sigh, but you don't even have a mouth to open and do so, and you'd shake your head but it'd be more like rolling sideways and then back, because you're nothing but an eye in a sack. Suffice it to say, you're frustrated.

You've been stepped on, kicked around, farmed for experience (and your drops. Gazer Tears are an ingredient in a new potion that gives, guess what? Paralysis resistance), and otherwise just treated like the lowest of the low. Something has to give, something has to give!

Where do you go from here?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)