More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AliC AliC

Who's our lucky master?

First, the Rules

Harem Hotel Rules - Please read and follow if you wish to contribute

Show Makeup

  1. The show will consist of two groups: Masters and Contestants. Each season has one “Master” and at least six “Contestants”.
  2. The show's participants do not volunteer for the show. They are drafted for the hosts’ and audiences’ amusement.
  3. The master is the person around which the show revolves. He or she is the one the contestants will have to work to impress.
  4. Contestants can come in a variety of forms. They may be people the master knows or admires, rivals, acquaintances, strangers or even people from the master’s universe (fanfics are supported and encouraged, celebrity stuff is...well, it's not my thing, but I'm not your Mom). But they must share some connection to the master in some way.
  5. Contestants must compete in regularly scheduled challenges and perform acts to please the Master. Failure to compete in them leads to Elimination.
  6. The game always takes place at a resort hotel with an extensive property. The resort can take any form (Tropical, ski, casino…really whatever the show runner’s imagination can dream up), but it must retain that form throughout the “season”.
  7. The resort takes place in a world apart from that which the participants live in. They must remain on the resort until the show has concluded.
  8. Contestants and the master are free to move about the resort at will, so long as they attend scheduled show meetings. The Master’s Quarters are accessible only by the master. Both the Master and contestants may reserve various facilities as they require (and thereby control who may or may not enter), though these reservations will be public.

Scoring

  1. Contestants can earn Victory Points (VPs) by competing in challenges. Challenges will have progressively higher VP values as the contest goes on, enabling comebacks.
  2. Contestants can also receive VPs by appealing to the master. The highest point totals are rewarded for acts of physical intimacy with the Master. Kissing, sexual relations, ect. But any act or interaction with the master or other contestants can earn VPs. VPs will only be earned for the first time an act pleases the master and subsequent repetitions of the action will not earn more points.
  3. Contestants will be notified when they’ve received VPs.
  4. Not all VPs will be distributed equally. Contestants the master has had previous relations with (girlfriends, wives, ect) will earn fewer points for activities in which they’ve already participated. Contestants to whom the master has an aversion to (rivals, platonic friends, ect.) must work harder to earn the master’s affection and will be rewarded with more points accordingly.
  5. As VPs can be won, they can also be lost. Low placing finishes in challenges and performing acts that displease the master will result in VP losses.
  6. A contestant has won when he or she receives at least 100 VPs.
  7. In addition to VPs, contestants will be able to earn Bonus Points (BPs). These act as a sort of in game currency and can be used to purchase any number of things from in game stores. BPs are earned by contestants unlocking achievements, becoming fan favorites, any of the means VPs are and will be periodically rewarded as an allowance and at the host’s discretion.
  8. There will be various kiosks and shops around the resort in which the contestants may use to purchase various items, personal upgrades and even VPs.
  9. In any round, players may transfer up to 10% of their VPs to another player, or as many BPs as they wish.

Challenges & Rounds

  1. Every round is punctuated by a challenge.
  2. Challenges will come in many forms. They can range from scavenger hunts, multi stage puzzles, contests and more.
  3. When the goal of a challenge is subjective (ex. A fashion contest) and cannot be explicitly scored (ex. completing a certain number of stages of a multi-stage puzzle), the rankings will be determined by feedback from viewers (That’s you. In the comments.).
  4. If a player wins a challenge, they will receive a prize. This prize can take many forms from items, to positive transformations, to treatment perks.
  5. Losers of a challenge receive transformations, the severity of which will be determined by their ranking in the challenge.
  6. Each round will conclude when the rewards and punishments for the round’s contests are administered. There will be a minimum of 5 rounds, or more as required for at least three contestants to receive 100 points.

Transformations

  1. Throughout the game, contestants will receive various transformations. These can be mental, physical, or changes that impact the life, behavior or reality of a contestant.
  2. Transformations cannot exclude the contestant’s ability to compete in challenges. They can make various challenges more difficult, but they cannot be radical such that they would prohibit them from participating altogether.
  3. At the end of each challenge, the losers of challenges will receive transformations.
  4. Transformations may be positive or voluntary as well. A contestant may use BPs to purchase transformations that ease their punitive ones, to become more appealing to the master, or simply for fun.
  5. Contestants may be able to purchase transformations that can be administered to other contestants.
  6. Transformations will last the duration of the game and beyond, unless removed as a reward or reversed at the end of the game.

Victory Conditions

  1. A contestant will have “Won” the game when they accrue 100 VPs. Winners will be bonded to the master as favored lovers, remaining in a favored position of the master’s life permanently (Thus, the titular harem). What this specifically looks like will depend on the contestant and transformations he or she has undergone, but they will enjoy a positive relationship with the contestant.
  2. There can be as many winners as there are contestants that receive 100 VPs. Each winner will receive a reward in the form of a positive transformation that will help them ease into their new lives.
  3. The Contestant with the highest VP total will be rewarded a wish. This will have virtually no limits, though it cannot be used to unbind the contestant from the master, to kill anyone, or reverse the fate of an eliminated contestant.

Elimination

  1. A contestant is eliminated if they have a negative VP total at the end of any round. They may also be eliminated for finishing in last place of any challenge in an elimination round (which will be specially designated), or by refusing to participate in the game or any of its contests.
  2. If a contestant is eliminated, any transformations accrued will be permanent.
  3. Eliminated contestants are no longer allowed to compete in challenges, accrue points of any kind, and will forfeit any points they’ve accrued. They cannot be considered winners at the end of the game.
  4. In addition to being stuck with any transformations accrued, an eliminated player will receive an Exit Transformation. This will be especially harsh if the contestant is eliminated early, but will lighten in severity depending on how many rounds the contestant survives.
  5. Eliminated contestants can choose to return to their lives, or stay in the resort to socialize until the contest’s conclusion.
  6. At the game’s conclusion, any player that has neither been eliminated nor received 100 VPs required to win will be considered a loser. Losers are permanently bound to the master but not in a preferred position, and not with any rewarding transformation to ease their transition out of the game. Losers must submit to any desire of the master’s from then on.

Misc.

  1. All contestants will have a roommate who is assigned based on their personality. The Master will have his or her own suite, and will spend each night with a different contestant in an assigned order. This is to ensure that all contestants get facetime with and opportunities to impress the master.
  2. BPs may be spent on Bonus Cards. Bonus Cards’ effects are random and can provide victory points, special privileges, grant access to powers or powerful items, reverse or trade transformations, or even grant VPs to needy players. They are wild cards and totally optional.
  3. Various rounds might have unique rules or settings that apply to all contestants. These can take many forms. Such rounds will be called “Event Rounds”.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)