More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by 12inpen 12inpen

What rule does he change first? What happens?

Finding answers

Josh stared at the blinking cursor that was on the screen. It read:

Rule #753: Religious beliefs and intelligence are not related. Southern Baptists are however the most intelligent as only they know who God really is.|

Josh decided to hit enter not really understanding he was changing the underlying fabric of reality. Besides only God had that kind of power. As soon as he hit enter he started to feel dizzy.

Wait this is real he thought, just a moment ago, he thought God was the one true and only God. However now, he knew there was many entities at play. God was an amalgamation of these many entities and powers.

Josh shook his head trying to remember how he used to think. But his mind was changing, new memories replacing old ones. He stared at his phone and the application. He knew then that this application was one of the powers he knew existed. He will need to be careful with this new power.

Taking some time he absorbed the entirety if this application:

  • It has a simple UI.
  • At the top is the name of the application, "Rules of the World" the rest of the application is a plain white screen with rules separated by whitespace.
  • There are several hundred rules, all of them numbered.
  • At the very bottom there is a button that says new rule.
  • Clicking on the button brought up a blank field to type in.
  • Clicking on any rule brought up a field to edit the rule.

Starting from the top Josh read through the rules:

  1. There shall be matter, a physical compound that is beyond but a simple part of phèœhyû.
  2. Matter is made of phèœhyû, however can not affect phèœhyû directly.
  3. Jytrëū can only interact with matter once made aware of matter.
  4. Jytrëū can manipulate and direct matter.
  5. Matter is used to make other things, the basic structure is as follows: Weight, Size and Organization.
  6. The combination of these three things enables matter to have different capabilities, such as attraction, durability or toughness.
  7. The combinations and capabilities will grow as matter continues to exist, the long matter continues the more complex it will become.
  8. Some of the many combinations will be a weak form of phèœhyû, which will collect in large quantities to give off heat and energy, these will be called stars.
  9. When a large enough star froms it runs the risk of connecting directly to phèœhyû, anything that enters it will be returned to phèœhyû, these shall be called black holes.
  10. Stars attract non-phèœhyû matter, in sizable quantities they shall be called planets.
  11. When a star has many planets orbiting it they become a system.
  12. Black holes attracts other black holes and stars.
  13. When a black hole has many black holes and stars orbiting it they become a galaxy.
  14. The universe is a collection of billions of the above galaxies, they will be attracting each other, however moving apart on a whole quicker than they are being attracted to each other.
  15. As phèœhyû continues to interact with matter, the universe will continue to expand.

Josh stopped for a moment as he couldn't believe what he read. It looks as if the big bang, or what he thought of as the big bang, got its start in these 15 rules. He would need to be careful to not edit these rules. He scanned the rest of the 758 rules. The first 40 or so or so detailed the creation of the universe and what looks like life. The next 60 or so detailed the structure of life on the many trillions of planets.

Then at that point humans came to be and Earth was the focus. The last 600 or so entries where dictating humanity, human physiology, mentality and behavior. It looks like whoever or whatever Jytrëū took a lot of interest in us humans. However, it was the last 550 or so that looked like the societally rules that us humans made up. Perhaps this is where the application came into existence.

What next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)