More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Roseidurian Roseidurian

What's next?

Clothing damage

Thunder strode down the street. She inhaled, feeling her powers kick in; it was hard to put into words exactly how it felt, but the effect was very apparent.

It didn't seem like any special incident. A bit of generic gang , lashing out at someone who wasn't paying protection or something, a few guys with more guns than sense trying to threaten and intimidate. Anissa smirked to herself; it never got old how they reacted to seeing her.

Well, seeing Thunder. Just Thunder too, Black Lightning himself wasn't needed for every little incident.

Holding her breath, she raised her arms and clapped, sending out a wave of . They staggered back; one grabbed for his gun and shot at her. She barely noticed the bullets bouncing off her suit.

technically speaking the suit itself was bulletproof. Gambi wouldn't have made it any other way. Regular bulletproofing still hurt though, if a normal person had been wearing it they'd be in agony even if the bullet hadn't broken their skin. Her, though? She was as good as invulnerable, the suit pushing the bullet back with the solid barrier of her skin behind it.

She took a step closer.

"Shit, it's Thunder!" one of them shouted.

It took them this long to notice? Anissa moved closer, taking her time a little. She didn't want to rush into things.

A quick exhale as they reloaded, then she inhaled again just as bullets again started to bounce off her.

"Why are you wasting bullets?!" one shouted. "Tobias had a plan to deal with her, use that."

Anissa frowned. That, she didn't like the sound of. She quickened her step.

One pulled something out of their car, some flashy, silver thing with a square muzzle bigger than her fist. No ordinary gun. Keeping herself solid, Anissa clapped again; the... thing fired.

She stumbled back. There were no bullets, no spent shells, but somehow the weapon emitted raw . A lot of raw . Anissa grunted, catching her breath again and feeling her body grow even denser as she looked up, gritting her teeth. Worse than bullets.

It was a few seconds before he fired again. The wave of hit Anissa again, and she heard the sound of tearing over the rush of air. She barely paid attention to it; a sudden flare of pain went through her, not hurting her but making her alert to the fact that whatever that -weapon was, it was more dangerous than a gun.

It was almost flattering Tobias was using new tech to deal with her.

As the wave faded, she straightened. The four men were staring at her; she glowered back, and clapped.

And felt something... jiggle.

Anissa looked down. And screamed.

She was invulnerable. Apparently she was slightly more invulnerable than the costume Gambi had made for her. The black and yellow she'd worn so proudly was in tatters, the bulky nature of it meaning that one tear took so much of it with it, turned to fragments and shot off her black body. With the bulletproof layer ruined, her much more delicate underwear didn't stand a chance.

"Oh hell no!" Anissa said.

The men were already stumbling away; the fact she'd been able to clap seemed to have broken their weapon, and made them a bit warier of staying around the stripped naked, pissed off meta-human.

Anissa meanwhile was left in the middle of the street. She took a step forward, and what little strands she had left on tore and cracked and fell, leaving the torn-away soles of her boots behind. Barefoot and nude, with nothing but the thankfully sturdier material of her goggles to her name.

Naked in Freeland. Anissa started to tremble.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)