More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by anonenffan anonenffan

What does Mackenzie try?

Before doing anything else, check neighboring yards for an outfit.

[Originally by Phantompen]

"Maybe I can find something in another yard?" Mackenzie muttered to herself. Creeping toward her backyard fence slowly, fearful despite the high fence walls making peeping toms all but impossible, Mackenzie weighed her options.

Her house was between the Max and Janet Henderson, to the left, and Diane Chen to the right. The Hendersons were a young married couple, just a few years older than Mackenzie. They were little more than acquaintances, waving to each other whenever they'd cross paths in the morning. As far as Mackenzie knew, the Hendersons didn't have any kids or pets to worry about, but they also didn't use their backyard for much. Mackenzie assumed as much at least, as she never heard much noise from their yard whenever she was outside. Having never seen it before, she had no way of knowing if it was empty or not.

Diane Chen was not Mackenzie's favorite person in the world. She was the type of person to phone in complaints over the smallest thing, and had earned a reputation in the neighborhood as an irritation as a result. She had butted heads with Mackenzie in the past over some trivial matter about her fence violating city ordinance or some other such nonsense. But, Mackenzie knew Diane liked to hang her laundry out to dry, rather than use a machine. Something about saving electricity. If today was laundry day, Mackenzie might be able to snag herself a complete outfit from Diane's clothesline.

The only problem with either plan was that once she went over the fence, there was no turning back. Mackenzie would be able to scale the fence from her yard with the aid of a small chair she kept on her back porch, but without any such aid on the other side, she'd be stuck...

Technically, there was a way to check out other yards, but it required going out into the open. If Mackenzie went into the alleyway behind her house, she could try peeking into other yards on her block. Of course, if anybody chose to drive down the alley, or there were people in any of those backyards, Mackenzie would have precious few ways to hide...

Where does Mackenzie go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)