More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by gramana gramana

What's next?

Bad weather and investigations

"Ugh!"

Daisy sprinted full-pelt from the shelter or a coach stop, to a small outcropping on the side of an abandoned house. Rain pounded against the ground in noisy bursts. SHIELD really did take her to the best places...

"Daisy?" Coulson's voice came through her earpiece. "You okay?"

"Just bad weather," Daisy said.

She turned up her nose. The sky was grey, and the rain was still coming down, droplets splashing as they hit the ground and the roar making it hard to listen to her comm. She pressed it into her ear with one hand.

"What was that?" Daisy said.

"I said, you'll be inside soon enough," Coulson said. "Sorry we couldn't be there."

"I get it, there's another mission, and I'm the only one that could do this," Daisy said. "Still wish I had an umbrella."

"Good luck!" Coulson said.

There was an old storage space somewhere near here, underground behind several security locks and access panels. She had the code, and her ID was on the network it connected to, so she just had to get in. Inventory wasn't as exciting a mission as her usual, but they'd only just found a reference to this place in an old paper file, and they had no idea of what stray 0-8-4s and SHIELD tech might be hidden away there.

A few notes in the file implied there might be a terrigen contamination, so Daisy was one of the best choices to head there. Anyone who wans't Inhuman would be risking their life just walking inside.

She had a backpack of equipment, scanners and a datapad to upload what she found, but unfortunately the vast array of SHIELD equipment hadn't included a waterproof. So she either had to wait around here for a while - and the clouds didn't look like they'd be going away any time soon - or just power through it.

Daisy took a deep breath, and ran out of cover. She splashed her way through the puddles, and made it to the hillside, only to clinb up; with her hand sheltering her eyes, she made out a cave, and ran over to that.

"Ugh," Daisy muttered again, wiping the rain off of her face.

This was the place at any rate - it looked like an abandoned mine or something at first glance. The technology was just more functional than it appeared. Muttering to herself, Daisy approached, typing in a numerical code to open the shutter. Past that, a retinal scan made the elevator around her judder to life, and she was descending.

At least she was inside now. Daisy looked down at herself, and scowled. And she was soaked through.

She ran a hand through her hair, wringing it out as best she could, but couldn't shake that feeling of discomfort at how her clothes clung to her. That was the last thing she needed - first she was stuck on inventory duty, then she was caught in a downpour.

Eventually the platform came to a stop, and the door slid open for her. The mining elevator looked more incongruous down here, but it kept the place disguised; Daisy stepped out of it, still grimacing.

There were aisles and aisles of crates and folders stretched out ahead of her. Daisy sighed. No way was she going to get through all of this, though she could at least do a once-over - highly dangerous objects were normally marked, as were unknown quantities that more recent SHIELD knowledge might identify. Those were her priority.

"I'm in," she said, pressing her earpiece.

"How's the place look?" Coulson said.

"Like someone really liked Indiana Jones," Daisy said.

"We work for an organization called SHIELD," Coulson said. "Don't be surprised the higher-ups are nerds. Anyway, scan for terrigen, and let us know if you find anything fancy. Coulson out."

Daisy nodded, despite no one being there to see it, and took another step forwards. There was a desk by the door, a punch clock, and an old landline near the entrance. The place was as good as abandoned after the HYDRA catastrophe; some places inevitably fell through the cracks. And even then, it had a skeleton staff before, the security kept more up-to-date than the actual contents.

Daisy took a step forwards, and groaned _again _at her soaked jeans sticking to her legs. This wasn't going to be fun.

Then she paused. Not up to date, and...

"Coulson?" Daisy said, pressing her earpiece. "Quick question."

"Yes?" he said.

"The plans said there was no CCTV in the building, right?" Daisy said.

"That's right. Concerns that it was a security risk, and not thinking it was worth the budget," Coulson said. "Why?"

"Just thinking," Daisy said. "Quake out."

She paused, then looked at the elevator. It was down, and no one else had come down to this storehouse for ages. No one else could - they'd revoked all the clearances in the system, for fear of HYDRA, and her team wouldn't risk terrigen exposure.

Daisy bit her lip, looking down at herself. She was alone, soaked through, feeling gross because of it, and there were no cameras.

Quickly, experimentally, Daisy pulled off her jacket. She just dropped it on the top of the empty desk, and then paused for a moment as if she'd trigger some non-existent security system. She looked around again, inexplicably nervous, and then quickly pulled off her top.

She felt better already, even just squeezing an alarming amount of water out from it, and draping it over the chair to dry. Her skin was damp, but it wasn't as clingy as her shirt had been. Which just left...

Keeping her shoes on, Daisy stepped out of her jeans, wringing them out too before letting them dangle off the desk.

"Right," Daisy muttered to herself. "Coming to work in my underwear. No biggie."

Then flushed as she made sure her comms were off. Thankfully they were.

Her heart rate had accelerated by an alarming amount. Still, she felt better to be out of the wet clothes, and she was alone down her; she quickly looked around again to be sure, as though someone had teleported in.

"Hello?" Daisy called out, just in case.

No answer. She took a breath, steadying herself, an involuntary, shaky smile reaching her lips. There was something almost thrilling about getting away with this, she reflected; no one would ever need to know that she spent this mission in a bra and panties. Those, at least, weren't as wet from the rain.

She shook her hair out, bit her lip again, then caught a glimpse of her reflection in the window to an office - her underwear was matching, a dark grey that was mostly professional, with just a hint of a decorative flourish. The bra definitely dipped enough to show a lot of cleavage, even accentuate it, while her panties hugged her body tightly.

Focus on the thrill, she told herself. No one would know. Besides, near-nudity was better than clammy clothes.

Grinning to herself, sure that there was no way that this could come back and bite her in the ass, Daisy headed off to see what this place had stored.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)