More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by HiBeGi HiBeGi

What's next?

Arishem provides a different punishment

Two weeks after stopping the emergence, things seemed to have beeen calming down. Makkari, Druig, and Thena left Earth to find other Eternals, Phastos was back at home with his husband and son, Kingo left with Karun to return back to India, and Sprite was attending school with her now given human body. Sersi even got time to be with Dane. All was peaceful... Up until Arishem showed up and dragged Sersi off Earth in order to converse.

This was bad. The Eternals duty was to allow for the growth of new celestials, even if most of them are unaware of that fact. Earth's Eternals not only failed their mission, but had a hand in its sabotage. Arishem was the celestial leader and was most definitely pissed off about the of Tiamut.

Sersi had only seen and communicated with Arishem once before, and it was through a psychic link. Seeing him in person was a whole other experience. "You have chosen to sacrifice a celestial for the people of this planet." Sersi found it a bit odd that Arishem spoke calmly. His voice lacked any of the rage or malice that she expected to hear. Looking around, she noticed that only she had been taken; her fellow Eternals were still alive and well on Earth and in space. This calmed her nerves ever so slightly, though it did make sense, Sersi was the one whose ability killed Tiamut. She was the Prime Eternal. She had been the one to tell the others of Arishem's real goal. Sersi starred at the god-like being, awaiting his next words. "Do you truly believe that their lives are worth more than that of a Celestials?"

With no hesitation, Sersi answered the Celestial, almost as if she had been prepared for him to say, "This is the planet that I and the others have watched grow, helped shape. We...I would kill a thousand of you if it meant keeping it safe. " A clear and concise answer. There was a brief pause, Tiamut's unemotting face starring down at her. He was in deep thought, and that worried Sersi a little.

"If that is what you believe, then I will spare them." But, actions have consequences, and a judgment must fall onto something. " Arishem asserted. Sersi felt anxiety coursing through her body. She had a feeling what Arishem's next words would be. "If Earth's life is so meaningful to you, then will you be willing to accept a punishment in order for them to continue their existence?"

Sersi shut her eyes and began to remember the time she spent on Earth. Every single moment across the millenniums that she spend on Earth. This wasn't hesitence. It was Sersi mentally preparing herself. As Sersi opened her eyes she gave her answer, "Yes", the word came out with every bit of sincerity Sersi could possibly place it just one simple word.

"Very well. You shall now face your biggest fear for the rest of your eternal life." As Arishem announced Sersi's punishment, a wormhole appeared behind him and he began to leave, right around the same time Sersi started to blackout.


With a gasp, Sersi was suddenly awoken. She looked around her surroundings with dread filling her soul... only to find that she was merely back in her bed, laying it bed with her covers over her. A sigh came out of Sersi's mouth. She wasn't in any danger. But was it all a dream or was it real? If it was real, then what was.... Sersi's mind went blank for a moment. What was her biggest fear? It was nothing she ever thought about. This was deeply concerning since Sersi now had no idea what odds she'd be going against. If it wasn't a dream, that is.

What was Sersi's Punishment?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)