More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by lolhappy250 lolhappy250

What's your next course of action?

Approach and Eavesdrop

It wasn't like you had any other choice. Your more detailed stats were so pitiful there was hardly a point in having them.

Trying to listen in on the "Heroes" conversation, was the only thing you could do that wasn't just sitting around waiting to die. Your useless stats guaranteed that if the heroes set their sights on you that was it, one hit kill, zero chance to block or dodge, and with movement speed as slow as yours, no one would ever have to chase you enough to even consider giving up.

"...And it was so stupid!" The fat girl whined to her companion, who was flinging off arrows like a crazy person, mowing down sheep left and right, "I mean, from a freaking rose bush?"

"Yeah, it's kinda annoying." The ranger sounded like he was trying really hard not to be condescending, "The new update that brought on a crazy amount of features."

"Stupid...." The girl quietly muttered for no reason.

"You can hurt yourself on just about anything now if your not careful, but natural health regen can cover you for almost all of it."

"It's still stupid!" The girl wailed.

Having gotten closer you were able to determine, just based on armor, the girl was a rogue. At a distance it was tough to tell because the scarce leather of normal rogue armor was stretched into tarps for this short behemoth.

A moment later it dawned on you the sheer magnitude of what had just been said. Environmental damage wasn't just fall damage any more.

Oh wait, you forgot. There is no way for you to even affect these heroes with out any attack power. Then again, the rogue was bitching about a rose bush damaging her. Maybe, just maybe, even without attack points you can still fight, maybe just push people around, but it was a chance.

It was then you started wandering away, slowly, since you didn't want to have to wait for a respawn and miss any chance you could get. For the first time in such a long time there was hope.

From slightly farther away, but still close enough to hear the heroes, you waited.

"So you want to skin the sheep?" The ranger asked the rogue.

"Can't you do it for me?" The rogue fluttered her eyes, her voice sweet and flirtatious.

"B-but you w-won't get any experience for it." The ranger stammered, color coming to his cliche albino white cheeks. He probably wanted to be pale like a vampire or some shit.

"I don't care." The rogue roared, pulling a complete turn around in her mood, "I just want some armor. You do it. Or don't you want some of this." The rogue started rubbing her body in what you could only assume was supposed to be a sensual way.

You couldn't watch, you quickly turned your eye's to the grass. It gave you time to think. You had completely forgotten to check out both the heroes levels. It had been so long since you've actually cared to try it had slipped your mind.

Focusing hard you stared down the ranger, who was beet red and running around skinning sheep at a rapid pace.

Level 15

Dammit. With level nine's in every direction you couldn't reasonably hope for really low levels, but 15! Damn.

While both rangers and rogues were fragile classes, the ranger was the, generally, hardier of the two choices.

The rogue though,

Level 8

That was much better, but still iffy. Honestly, "iffy" didn't do it justice, it looked hopeless, but you had literally nothing to lose, and your chances of figuring out something would be far better on her.

"Inventory is full." The ranger eventually proclaimed, his unfitting voice filled with triumph.

"My hero." The rogue drawled in complete contempt, destroying the ranger's buzz.

"I guess it's back to town to make you some armor.

What? No! You scream internally, still not sure what you can do to them, it's an open field save for a slight bump in the landscape with a dilapidated farmhouse on it, though they're quite a distance from the farmhouse, closer to the edge. And now they're leaving! Not good!

"I'll just wait here." The rogue crossed her arms.

"Okay..." The ranger didn't look happy, but was evidently trying not to upset...his love interest...? gross. "But we're in neutral territory so if you get attacked–"

"You think I can't fight?" The rogue snorted.

"N-no!" The ranger quickly defended, "It's just, I gave you really good stuff and --"

"Well then I don't need to worry, now do I?" The rogue smirked, thinking she had won.

But you knew what the ranger was trying to say. In neutral territory, when killed by a enemy faction member, all her stuff would be dropped.

"J-just remember," The ranger stammered nervously, "Your Toss, is one of your best attacks, especially right now, with all the poisons and acids I gave–"

"I know that!" The rogue screeched like a banshee.

"Try it out then. Please?" The ranger was practically begging.

It was obvious this rogue was useless, probably only got her level thanks to the ranger. You started getting hopeful again.

"Fine!" The rogue pouted in defeat. Then she looked straight at you.

Aw shit.

Well... from experience running wasn't going to help, so you did the opposite, slowly meandering towards the rogue. She seemed happy not to have to walk towards you, as she rummaged through her inventory which was in the form of a tiny bag at her massive waist.

Once you'd made it only a few of her fat steps away, you froze. You didn't have a plan and you were certain she was going to throw something, what to do? Dodging was out of the question, you only had enough agility for basic movement. Maybe you could catch the thing she was going to throw? Probably not with your dexterity.

Your scheming was cut short by the sight of a vial, the same size as the quantum satchel it was pulled from.

Brace for...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)