More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What's next?

An awkward superpower

It was the night that STAR Labs was turning on Central City's very own particle accelerator. With no idea of what was to come, the city buzzed with excitement.

People all over the city awaited it, even those who weren't interested in the scientific potential. In one distant corner of the city, Barry Allen looked out his window towards the building.

Far closer to it was Iris West. She'd wanted to be a journalist for several years now; in the interests of getting a start, she'd opted to begin blogging, giving amateur reports on major events. And, well, this qualified.

It was a pity she couldn't get a quote from any of the big names on the project, but they were understandably busy.

Still, the attending visitors were given a countdown, followed by...

It was almost anticlimactic. There was no sign the accelerator had been turned on beyond a sudden hum. Still, it elicited cheers-

And then it went wrong. The hum became a groan, which became a terrifying crashing sound. Attending scientists looked up sharply-

It would be weeks before the phenomenon was even partially understood. A wave of energy rippled out from the accelerator, rushing through the city. In a select few people, it triggered new, bizarre traits and abilities.

Some merged with inanimate objects, others gained speed, others still gained yet more powers.

But, close to the accelerator, one Iris West gained a very specific form of hydrokinesis. While she focused on making notes for a later blog post, new genetic quirks activated within her.

And in a split second she went from smartly dressed, to clad only in a sudden cloud of rapidly dissipating bubbles.

Iris gave a squeal of mixed shock and embarassment, forgetting for a moment about taking notes on her phone. What-

She looked up suddenly, realising that her cry had attracted attention. That was pretty much the last thing we wanted.

Why was she surrounded by bubbles?! Panicking, her eyes caught on a nearby tablecloth. She hastily pulled on that, upsetting a few empty paper plates, draping it over herself-

And it too dissolved into transparent, fragile bubbles, leaving Iris West both naked and the centre of attention.

What can she do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)