More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ale609900 Ale609900

Who are you?

Alex, a senior in college

Alex woke up, a ray of sunshine shining through the window at an unconfortable angle hitting him square in the face forcefully dragging him out of whatever dream he was having.

"Fucking shit!" he cursed jumping out of bed as he checked his phone finding out it had died and therefore his alarm didn't go off, making him late even more than usual. As he quickly put on some clothes, making sure none of them stank too much, he opened his bedroom door, picked up his backpack, and ran out the door hoping to mitigate his tardiness.

-

"Mr Smith..." said the professor as Alex barged into the class, without even looking up from the notes he was reading to the class, "Please take a seat and try not to disturb the class more than you already have..." he finished, picking up the lesson from where he stopped.

Alex quickly made his way to the back row taking a seat next to a random guy he didn't know, but he was pretty sure was smart, "Hey, can I copy your notes?" he asked leaning in.

"Fuck off, man" said the other before turning back to the lesson and trying to ignore him.

Defeated Alex too turned his attention towards the professor, only to immediately get distracted by his phone and starting to play on whatever latest app he had installed.

About half an hour later Alex felt himself get brought back to reality as he watched some of the other students get up from their seat and start to walk towards the front of the class.

"Already done with the lesson?" he asked to the guy next to him, smiling.

"No, he's just collecting the assignments" replied the guy, having apparently forgot about their previous interaction, or simply not caring.

A shadow crossed over Alex's face as he felt his hearth sink below the ground, "I forgot the assignment!" he mentally cried out looking for a way out.

This assignment was worth 20% of his grade, and given his already terrible grade he couldn't afford a zero on the assignment.

As he briefly though about pulling the fire alarm to get out quick and have an excuse his eyes fell on the other guy's assignment sitting in front of him. He quickly picked it up and started making his way to the professor's desk as he produced a pencil and quickly erased the other guy's name and wrote down his own. He was about ten feet from the desk when he felt a hand grab his shoulder before a punch knocked him to the floor.

"Don't you ever steal my shit again" said the other student massaging his sore fist as he leaned down to pick up the assignment off the groud, "You didn't really think you could pull this...".

"What the hell is happening here?" yelled the professor as his eyes looked up from the assignment he was just handed to see two students fighting, "You better have a good explanation!" he said pointing his finger at the other student.

"Just a misunderstanding, sir. I thought he stole my assignment but I was clearly mistaken, I'm sorry sir." the guy sheepishly said looking down at Alex as he held his hand out to help him get back up to his feet, "Here." he said handing him the paper.

Alex's face was as confused as it had ever been, "I... what?" he asked looking down at the paper in his hands and back at the guy in front of him.

"I for some reason thought that was my assignment, but it's clearly yours... it has your name on it!" he said pointing out Alex's poorly scribbled signature on the top of the page, "I must have left mine somewhere..." the guy said turning around before starting to head back to his seat.

"Are you alright?" asked the professor getting closer and lowering his voice, "Do I need to take disciplinary actions against the other student?".

"N... No" Alex stammered, "It's fine" he said before feeling the papers he was holding being taken out of his hands as the professor said: "Then I'll be taking these, you'll get the grade by tomorrow evening via email".

Alex simply nodded before going back to his seat and spending the rest of the lesson looking confusedly as the student next to him rummaged through his bag in search of a nonexistent assignment.

-

As he made his way back home from class Alex's mind was racing trying to find an explanation for what happened to him in class.

"Do I have mind control powers?" he asked himself before looking at a group of girls passing by and ordering them to take off their clothes with his mind, only eliciting a few confused and creeped-out glares from the students.

"Apparently not" he concluded, as he walked the remainining way back to his flat that he shared with a few other students.

As he was waiting for the oven to heat up his nuggets, Alex decided to make a few tests: he immediately knocked on his flatmate Jack's room before barging in without waiting for an answer.

"I was about to say "come in" but I guess you're already in" said Jack looking up at Alex from the chair he was sitting on.

"Hey Jack, I need your help for a sec" said Alex quickly picking up a piece of paper off of Jack's desk and asking "Can I have this for a sec?".

"Sure" answered Jack.

"Ok, whose paper is this?" asked Alex, "Yours?" responded Jack "I mean... I just gave it to you"

This was not gonna work like he intended, thought Alex picking up one of Jack's university textbooks and asking "What about this?".

"That's mine, and I do need it for an exam next week so you better not ruin it" replied Jack.

"Ok, whatch this" Alex said pulling out the same pencil he used on the other student's assignment and writing his name on the first page of the book, "What about now?" he asked showing his flatmate his signature.

"What are you on? That's your book? What's with the random questions?" asked Jack more counfused about Alex's behaviour than by the fact he no longer owned the 200$ textbook he would need for his uncoming exam.

"HOLY FUCK" Alex screamed internally looking down at his hands, "I'm a fucking superhero!".

He quickly ran out the room, leaving Jack in a confused state as he opened up Amazon and started to look for university textbooks.

-

"I've got to try some other stuff" said Alex, quickly pulling out a sharpie from his drawer and running out of his room and back into Jack's, startling him.

"Fuck, man" he flinched, "What's up with you and not knocking?".

"This is a bit more important than that" Alex said looking around for anything around him he could write on to prove his point before settling on a flimsy plastic chair Jack used to keep his clothes on.

"This is your chair, right?" he asked, probably looking like a madman to poor Jack.

"Yeeeeaaah?" Jack said moving his eyes between Alex and the chair trying to get what Alex was going on about.

Alex quickly scibbled his name in big letters on the chair's seat before turning back to Jack and asking "What about now?".

"That's your chair. It has your name on it" said Jack sighing and thinking about all the time he is loosing listening to his flatmate's ramblings.

"Ok, it's not the pencil that's magical" Alex noted to himself, before getting a piece of kitchen paper and rubbing off his name from the chair, "And now?" he asked.

"The chair is mine, and if this is an elaborate plan to get me to give it to you you can fuck off" he said standing up from his chair and quickly guiding Alex out of his room before closing the door.

"I gotta try with some more stuff" thought Alex looking down at his hands, a grin forming on his face.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)