More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who is going to lose her clothes?

Abby Maitland (Primeval)

"This is wrong. No human being in history has seen these creatures alive before us... we've been given the most amazing gift. And how do we repay that? That privilege? By killing them because they're... inconvenient. What does that say about humans? About us? Lester, after all we've done here, is this how we're going to be remembered?"

— Abby Maitland to James Lester on Philip's decision to euthanize the ARC's captive creatures.

Abigail "Abby" Sarah Maitland was a gutsy zoologist and a member of the Anomaly Research Centre, notable for her love for and skill with animals and the creatures. Abby is the elder sister of Jack Maitland and is believed to currently be the wife of Connor Temple.

Background -

Abby was born circa 1985 and was apparently abused as a child. As a child, and before her father's , Abby's parents took her to the Galapagos Islands, where she developed a love of reptiles that would strongly remain with her all her life. (Series 1) By Abby's early 20s, her brother Jack was apparently the only family member she had left (or at least the only one she kept in contact with). (Episode 3.8) Abby started university but left after only one term after getting her dream job as a zookeeper at the Wellington Zoo. (Episode 1.1)

Personality -

Abby was shown to be a tough, gutsy, headstrong, and brave woman, who would not let others push her around or tell her how to do her job and did not let threats or bullying from others intimidate her or put her down. She had a strong love for animals, especially reptiles (although she was phobic of spiders); she wanted the creatures protected and kept alive and was very good at handling the captive creatures. In any way threatening or harming the creatures unnecessarily, especially Rex, was an almost sure way to earn one Abby's disdain. In the field, Abby was highly logical, quick-thinking, resourceful, unafraid, and impulsive about overcoming situations and dealing with creatures, although she could become more rash when someone she deeply cared about such as Connor or Jack was in mortal danger.

When it came to love interest, Abby could easily get her feelings hurt but would try to remain positive and upbeat. Abby was highly insightful into others and mysteries about them as well when she became suspicious of what they were hiding, much more so than most of the rest of the field team; noticing something not right about a person where everyone else would either remain oblivious or just dismiss it. Abby could sometimes be remarkably deceitful to get her own way and/or to protect others; never telling the rest of the team that she had secretly kept Rex until they found out for themselves, and attempting with little hesitation to get the Menagerie creatures smuggled out of the ARC when Philip intended to have them all put-down. Abby could be suspicious and distrustful of people who tried to hide a secret from her and/or the others in the ARC, but once someone had earned her trust and respect, she was a very brave, tough, and loyal friend.

Where is Abby when she becomes naked and how does it happen?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)