More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Noah_Peal Noah_Peal

Pick a story

Aaron, plus one

"Food is here," Paul announced loudly as he stepped into the apartment you were sharing.

Paul had immediately become your friend Freshman year of college, and now, a little over three years later, you were practically inseparable best friends.

"What food?" you ask, peeking your head out of the hallway.

"Burger Belly, your favorite," answered Paul, setting a greasy white bag on the kitchen counter.

"Awesome!" you exclaimed, making a beeline for the bag. "Thanks man," you say, taking a burger out of the bag.

"Don't forget the fries and shake," Paul added, pulling a drink tray from behind his back.

"No way, what's the occasion?"

You didn't get to have Burger Belly often at all. Not only was the restaurant on the other side of town, it was too expensive for you. If Paul hadn't offered to let you live with him for free, there wouldn't be any way you could afford college. It was the opposite for your best friend.

"Oh, nothing much," he said as he watched you devour your food while he slowly munched on his.

"Nothing much? You drove 20 minutes out of your way for nothing much? Its not my birthday and I've forgotten, is it?" you joked between bites.

Paul laughed. "No, nothing like that. Its just, my sister is getting married."

"Hey, congrats man," you slapped Paul on the shoulder and finished your burger and fries. "So you're celebrating with burgers?"

"Not exactly," Paul said. "You know how my parents threatened to cut me off if I didn't shape up, started growing up, and find a steady girlfriend."

You nodded, sucking down your milkshake.

"As you know, I've been able to get my grades up, with a great deal of your help, and I've stopped going to so many parties, but I've been lying about my girlfriend."

"So?" you ask.

"I marked the box for 'plus one' on the wedding invitation. I just spoke to my parents yesterday. The wedding is a short drive from here, and they're expecting to meet this girl."

"So we've got to find someone who's a good actress in almost no time, we've been in worse situations."

"That's the thing," Paul said hesitantly. "By now, my girlfriend should know me really well, and I don't know anyone like that, except you."

"But I'm not—" you pause as you see Paul look pointedly at the food. "No, no way, you didn't. Tell me you didn't."

Did Paul spike the food?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)