More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What's next?

A poor choice of clothes

Just being in the TARDIS was a journey in itself. Yasmin had gone from wondering how the four of them could fit in such a small box, to seeing that it was bigger on the inside, and even now she was constantly being impressed by just how much bigger it was.

It was more than just the console room. She'd idly mentioned wanting a change of clothes, and the Doctor had pointed her down a hallway and given a truly dizzying list of directions to the wardrobe.

"Fourth left... still more. Right at the fountain, past the butterfly garden- oh my god there actually is a butterfly garden, I thought she was kidding," Yaz murmured to herself.

And then she stopped breathing for a moment as she turned a corner. Ok, wow, even this place's wardrobe wouldn't have fit in the box it looked like. Forget walk-in, there was a staircase spiralling up and down and she didn't even want to think about how many clothes there were even on just this one level.

There were things clearly meant for non-human bodies (ok, that was something she was going to have to get used to), and then a whole slew of period dress, sets of clothes from countless eras all hung up side by side.

If there was any semblance of order (which she doubted), she didn't know it. Forget trying to find 21st century Earth, she'd settle for anything that was roughly the right size, could be worn by a human, and wasn't eye-wateringly ugly, like that ridiculously bright coat over there.

She walked past an impressively long scarf, a whole block apparently dedicated to question marks, and of all things a vegetable garden that she hoped was in the wrong place.

And....

"Finally," Yaz breathed.

She picked a few pieces of clothing off the rail, then glanced around. Well she wasn't changing here, it was too open. It might not have been her first choice of outfit, but given the alternatives she'd walked past it was easily the best.

Now for the real challenge; finding her way back out.

It did take far too long, but she did eventually make it back to the control room, her old clothes in her arms. She'd managed to find a small room to change in on the way back, and given that these were her clothes she wanted to keep track of them.

Almost on cue, as soon as she'd put her old outfit in a corner of the control room, the Doctor hit a button on the console and beamed.

"Earth!" she said.

"For real, this time?" Ryan said.

"Don't you trust me?" the Doctor said. She looked up from the console to Yaz, Ryan and Graham. All three were skeptical. "Says right here, we're in the... huh. Hm. One second."

Yaz fidgeted slightly as the Doctor ducked over to another part of the console, peering at read-outs. New clothes always took a little getting used to, especially weirdly made ones. Still, couldn't be that bad.

"Huh. Earth's moved," the Doctor said.

"Somehow I doubt that," Graham said.

"Hey! Wouldn't be the first time," the Doctor said. Still, she paused. "Though there is a teeny, teeny chance this might be somewhere else. Want to go check?"

"I'd rather go home," Graham said.

"Home next time, pinky-promise," the Doctor said, "Just let me get my bearings, look at the stars. Old girl's still in a bit of a state."

She patted the console tenderly, then hopped over towards the door. Her three companions followed her out to the alien world, Yaz still getting used to her clothes.

What's wrong with her outfit?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)