More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by SpiralFelix SpiralFelix

Where does Mackenzie work?

A neighborhood home as a babysitter

Author's Note: I'm currently in the process of rewriting this storyline, primarily to change Suzie and Macy from kids to college-aged adults. In order to have everything make sense, some details and scenarios might have changed a bit from what you last read. It also might take me a while to get through changing all 20+ of these chapters, so if there's a sudden jump in what's happening from one chapter to another, please excuse it for the time being. Thanks for bearing with me.


Mackenzie pulled up to the house and parked her car in the driveway.

She had been working as a babysitter for a little while now, but unfortunately her previous gig had suddenly disappeared on her. The father had gotten a promotion and had to quickly move the whole family out of state. With virtually no notice, Mackenzie had found herself unemployed and desperately looking for any available babysitting positions in the area. She felt like she had lucked out when she found this positions with the Thompsons. It sounded like the perfect job!

Perfect that was, until she'd had an interview with Kevin, a handsome rugged man who was only 6 years older than Mackenzie. He'd explained that, while it was true he needed someone to look after his two daughters, he hadn't quite been honest about their ages. Suzie and Macy were 20 and 18 respectfully, and both were attending the local community college while still living at home. Kevin had then filled Mackenzie in on the details of the job. He was divorced (a fact Mackenzie took mental note of) so he needed someone to make sure the girls didn't get into trouble on weekdays after they got home from school until he got home from work. It was only 20 hours of work a week, but to Mackenzie it was certainly better than nothing! The reason that they needed a "babysitter" at all was because Kevin had caught them throwing a raging house party the previous month. Ever since, Kevin had told them in no uncertain terms that they were not allowed to be at home unsupervised. However, his job had recently needed him to start working later hours, meaning he couldn't get home until well after he expected the girls to return home for the day. And so, he'd looked for a babysitter, offering to double Mackenzie's usual rate in light of the unusual circumstances.

A bit put off, but in need of the money, Mackenzie had reluctantly accepted the job, much to Kevin's delight. Mackenzie had then met the two adults she'd be looking after. Much to her relief, the two girls seemed like perfectly well behaved young adults when she interacted with them. Little did she know that Suzie and Macy were not only deeply annoyed that they no longer had any free time to themselves, but they were downright insulted that their own dad felt they needed to still be supervised! They put on a good show of seeming polite while Kevin was around, but once he was gone they would be showing a whole new side of themselves to Mackenzie...

Mackenzie entered the front door of the house using the key she had been given the day prior. The house was in a nice, if densely populated neighborhood, she noticed. The redhead checked around the house, making sure everything was in order before fixing a quick snack for the girls. The kitchen clock read 3:45, so Mackenzie got ready to go receive the girls from the bus stop. Their car privileges had also been revoked, according to Kevin. So, the girls had to take the bus to and from campus. In addition to a few other strange stipulations, Kevin had made sure Mackenzie would walk the girls home from the bus stop each day.

Mackenzie stepped out into the crisp autumn air. She was dressed in a green v-neck shirt and a flowing white skirt that came down to her shins. A light breeze blew a few brightly colored leaves around the driveway as Mackenzie walked past them, reflecting that she perhaps shouldn't have chosen a skirt today. The bus stop was about a fifteen minute walk from the house, but Mackenzie was luckily able to make the journey without any major issues from the wind.

A few minutes later, the city bus stopped at the sign and opened its squeaky doors. Makenzie took a deep breath and mentally prepared herself for her first day on the job. She had a good feeling about this!

How does Mackenzie's first day as the new babysitter go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)