More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Phantompen Phantompen

What happens while Mackenzie naps in the bed?

A malfunction and an assumption.

Mackenzie drifted off to sleep within minutes as the warmth and hum of the tanning bed proved too comforting to ignore, especially after draining her energy in the gym. As such, Mackenzie wasn't aware at all when, twenty minutes into her tanning session, the bed's lights flickered and went out as the machine shut down. It would seem that the new machinery wasn't without its kinks and faults that still needed to be worked out.

The bed had been off for ten or so minutes when the door to the tanning booth opened. A slim brunette wearing a shirt that identified her as a member of staff stepped inside. With the bed closed and off, the booth looked abandoned. Abandoned, that is, save for Mackenzie's duffel bag on the floor.

"Huh, what's this doing here?" the staff member muttered to herself as she reached down and picked up the bag. "Somebody's gonna be looking for this. Better take it to lost and found." she decided.

Mackenzie, oblivious in her sleep, shifted ever so slightly. The noise made from the movement was barely audible, and it wouldn't have been surprising for the staff member to overlook it completely. She hesitated as she opened the door to leave the booth, something seemed off. Had she heard something?

Does the staff member investigate the noise or shrug it off?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)