More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Armando Armando

Who's story do you want to follow?

[Non-Cannon] Alex 25M [Invol M2F, Corruption, Slutification, Transformation, Anal focus. Femboi]

You were Alex, a relatively normal 25 year old dude. Well, relatively normal for your lot in life anyway. An overweight, lonely introvert who spent their days writing code for a boss who could less of a shit about them and their nights playing video games and watching porn. You were still a virgin, having only tried dating a few times, but never really hitting it off with any girl. So, in a way, you were a lot like a lot of other people. Undiagnosed depression and a general inertia that kept you from doing anything meaningful to actually improve your life. In some ways the end of the world coming was a weight off your mind. You weren't going to have to suffer through the monotony much longer. And then things started coming out about the simulation. A new life. A new chance.

Of course society went fucking insane over this, especially once it was made clear that this was the only way humanity was going to continue, in whatever form that might be. You were conflicted about this. In some ways, you had made peace with the end, and transitioning into a silicone facsimile seemed... almost wrong. You weren't religious, far from it, but it still didn't sit right with you.

A day later your self preservation instinct kicked in and you went looking for how to save your spot. As it turns out, this was a pretty lucrative little decision. The government was setting up 3d scanning sites for people to get themselves scanned in preparation for being uploaded, but their editors were limited to very basic changes, really only designed to correct small errors that the printers managed to bungle. Of course, that didn't sit well with a subset of the population. They were going to spend the rest of their lives in a simulation looking like anime characters, they wanted to be damn sure it was a world worth living in. And that's where you fell in. A dedicated group of modders took it upon themselves to piggyback on the governments code that interfaced with the alien simulation tech, and hijack it to create a separate simulation of their own creation, one that played a lot looser with the 'standard version of reality with anime graphics' the vast majority of the population was being uploaded into. This version would have fantasy races, vast worlds created by talented modders, focusing on a myriad of different themes, including cyberpunk, fantasy and alternative takes on modern reality. All players had to do was upload their 3d scan to an online converter, and when they went to have their brains scanned and uploaded, they would be placed in the custom simulation instead.

Now this, this appealed to you a lot more. Seizing upon your talent as a programmer and systems engineer you joined up with an team working on this mod, and earned enough testing and stabalziing the neural link to buy yourself a custom model made by a professional designer. As soon as the mod had unlocked the character creator, people had gone crazy with their designs, creating everything from slightly tweaked versions of their own bodies, to 8 foot tall demons with horse dicks. And that left a huge market for people with artistic talents, unlike you, to create avatars.

Finally the day you'd been waiting for arrived. You were one of the last waves to enter the simulation, the asteroid was so close now it blocked out the sun and civilization had more or less collapsed, approxiamtely 95% of the worlds population having uploaded themselves to the simulation at this point. You'd stayed out to the last minute to iron out some bugs in the modded simulation, in part because you'd been paid for it, and in part because you'd rather make sure the bugs were fixed BEFORE you injected your consciousness into the computer forever. But today was the last day. Everyone, even the techs running the uploads were being uploaded today. So you grabbed the drive containing the avatar you'd had made and ran for the upload site.

As you lay on the bed, a tech attaching diodes to your skull, your consciousness beginning to fade you couldn't help but smile, knowing what awaits you on the other side.

*Tagging branch as non cannon since I want to include some more adventure and story elements to my story, but not to tread on the toes of anyone else and the logi-cum plotlines of other stories.*

What does Alex see when he wakes up?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)