More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 15 by grimbous grimbous

What's next?

(Silly Scene) A chat with Chloe

I hear a quiet knock on my office door. My mental office door that is, kind of like Sherlock Holmes' mind palace in the new series...but I digress.

"Now who could that be?" I wonder. Probably Caitlin again, she's been bugging me lately to get back to the Mistaken Identity world. I get up from my desk and stretch. It felt good to stand. Too much time at the desk is no good for me I remind myself.

I walk across the lavish richly upholstered room, it smells of leather and wood polish. Opening the large heavy door I see mousey little Chloe standing on the other side. Her hands are in front of her and together as she nervously fidgets. She is wearing her glasses today and is dressed like a librarian. A long loose dress as always. I quickly remind myself why they wear those dresses.

"Oh!" I say, not expecting this particular visitor. "Chloe? What are you doing here?"

"Hi Mr Grimbous. Can...can I come in?" She asks sheepishly.

"Umm..." I hesitate. She might look harmless enough, but as her creator I knew the depths of this little woman's deviancy. She was half my size yet I felt intimidated. But I hate to be rude. "Sure, come on in Chloe. I always have time for you guys."

She smiles bashfully and walks in. I close the door and direct Chloe toward the leather sofa. She takes a seat and I settle in on the opposite end turned to face her.

She glances toward the door. "Who was the dark haired Russian out there? She's gorgeous!"

I chuckle. "That's Natali. She's a beauty, no doubt." I snap my fingers and two steaming cups of tea appear on the short table in front of the sofa. "Chai tea, honey and cream. Is that right?" I ask.

"My favorite!" She gives me an almost goofy looking grin though she avoids direct eye contact. I knew how shy she was when she wasn't in a bedroom scenario, this must have been very difficult for her. She takes the tea and takes a slurp. "And it's just the right temperature."

I remind myself I really should be doing some work right now. "So...what's on your mind Ms Bailey?" I say, trying to get to the point of this meeting.

"Oh...please call me Chloe." Her eyes scan up my body, an obvious hunger being aroused within her. She is making the switch. She finally makes eye contact. "Or call me your little slut." She smiles wickedly as she reaches over and places a hand on my knee.

"Calm down Chloe." I warn her and waggle a finger at her. "Now, tell me why your here."

"Oh...yeah." She says in a disappointed tone. "Um, Mom said I should come talk to you. First of all we noticed that our story is one month old today and it just broke six hundred thousand views. Good job Mr Grimbous." She grins.

"Er...thanks." I say. "It wasn't just me though. Stagger, Blubel, Gatekeeper_A, and falamar had a lot to do with it as well."

I still couldn't believe that the story I almost didn't release because I thought it would be such a flop had taken off like it did. It was humbling.

She nods. "Oh yeah, those guys are great."

"And of course I couldn't have asked for better characters." I compliment her. She grins proudly, that kinky look was returning to her as she leaned toward me. I changed the subject quickly. "So...that's all you wanted to say?"

"Er, no. You see...I noticed the section called Adventures with Cousin Chloe is still empty." She gives me a pout, though a playful twinkle still sparkled in her eyes. "I'm pretty sad about that. Mom said I should come talk to you about it."

"Hey now." I say defensively. "You got your birthday party scene."

"Yeah...that was great! I hope we do that again!" She sidles closer to me as I press myself back against the arm of the sofa. "But, it would be pretty cool to have some of my own scenes too." She slides her hand up my thigh. "I'm willing to audition Mr Grim. This could be my casting couch." She shimmies ever closer.

I stand up. "Chloe! No nookie with the author. You know the rules!" I chastise her.

"Awwww Grimbous!" She whines. She pouts for real this time.

"Listen Chloe. I'll try to get you a scene soon, okay? I've just got so many stories rattling around up here and not enough time to write them." I say as I point to my head. "But I'll try."

She looks up through her glasses, making her eyes seem even bigger. "You promise?"

"No...but I'll try."

"Okay." She says, obviously not entirely happy. She transforms back into the mild mannered shy little nerd she usually is. She stands and I lead her to the doorway. I open the door for her.

"Thanks for stopping by Chloe." I say.

She nods. "Thanks for seeing me." She adds. "I love you Mr Grimbous."

I lean down and kiss her on the cheek. "I love you too Chloe."

I watch her leave then close the door behind her. I wonder not for the first time if it is normal to be talking to fictional characters in my imagination office. I shrug. "Ah well." I head back to my desk.

(Author's Note: Just a silly chapter for fun on Runt's one month anniversary. Thank you readers for all the support.)

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)