More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by JohnTitor45 JohnTitor45

Whose tale is being told today?

Tom (M) and Kara Weaving (F), brother and sister

There exists a band of anonymous players, gamers who obliterate anyone who comes to face them, remaining undefeated in more than 280 different games online, reaching scores never achieved before or since. In every game they play, their win records are flawless. They are known as as [BLANK] and according to every player who has encountered them, they are indeed unbeatable and so the rumours spread with their infamy. You know urban legends are like a kind of wish because in reality the least interesting answer is usually the correct one. In real life, we're step brother and sister, Tom and Kara Weaving. I was a tall and lean young man with brown hair. Kara was a cute with long messy white hair.

She was rather slim and about average height. It was November 6th when we found ourselves in the Lost Realms. We'd been playing on Wizardry Art Online for five days straight, both of us using two accounts each.

"We won, somehow," I muttered.

"Tom, I'm still hungry," Kara said. "Nutrition's important."

"Listen, the human brain can function as long as it has glucose," I explained. "White beard is best in terms of cost performance."

"Yeah, thanks for the lecture."

"Hey, what time is it?" I asked.

"Um, 8AM, the middle of the night." Kara replied.

"What day?"

"Does that even matter to anyone?" Kara questioned.

"Its does! It tells me when the MMORPGs are going to have new events and-" I was shocked that his stepsister had started to doze off. "Wait, I know you have been up for five days straight but if you quit now, I won't have a healer."

"I know you can do it." Kara said, placing her controllers at my feet.

"Do you seriously think I can control four characters at one time?" I questioned.

"Just believe." Kara said before falling asleep.

"Wait, no, please don't fall asleep!" I begged. "If you go to sleep, Kara, everyone, and by everyone I mean me, will die! Okay, fine, fine, I'll do it. I can take these suckers."

This world is chaotic, unfair and unforgiving. It has no meaning no value. However some people simply refuse to accept this even though they know they can't change anything. They wish that the world would be just a little more interesting and that's how urban legends are formed, from wishes like that.

"Yeah, listen, your brother's been playing four characters on four separate screens..." I muttered.

It was there that our copy of the Lost Realms came through. The Lost Realms were a highly anticipated renowned online fantasy game, we ordered a copy. We both set about creating our characters. I made mine a ridiculous handsome protagonist from some fantasy animation. He had slightly long but neat black hair. Kara's character was a young woman of average height that possessed blue silver hair. You ask yourself why we spend all our time playing video games. In this game you call "real life", there's no way to know the rules or how to win, yet there are 7 billion players all making whatever moves they want. If you lose too much or win too much, there are penalties. You can't pass your turn and if you complain, people will look down on you. There's no parameters or a freaking genre or anything. You know what you call that, you call it a crappy game. Believe me, if there's a world that works just like our MMORPGs, then the two of us were born in the wrong one for sure. As I was thinking this, I heard a voice.

"You know what, I think so too. In fact, it sounds like you two don't have any business living in this world at all, so how does this sound, how would you like a second chance, to be made anew in the world in which you should have been born in the first place?"

Everything glitched out.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)