More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by PaperGold PaperGold

Which ability do you pick?

Third Option — ??? — ???

As you finally reach the orbs, a devious idea occurs to you through your painful headache. You’re not entirely sure if you’re even allowed to try it, or if you’ll be able to pull it off at all…but you have to give it a shot. This is simply too good of an occasion to pass on. Assuming this is all legitimate and not some crazy dream, it would definitely be the best option should it work.

You act as if you’re going to grab the red orb. As expected, the closer and closer you get to the orb, your migraine becomes gradually less painful. You now have a clear head, and just before your hand finally touches the red orb, you suddenly throw your other arm towards the blue one, touching both at the same time.

For some time, you just stay here, floating, thinking you might have offended the mighty being who was kind enough to offer you such powers in the first place and wishing very hard that they’re not planning to take your smartass move as their cue to turn your life into a living he—

"You’re smarter than I thought, John Doe. Well played."

You can’t help but feel extremely relieved at the thought that you won’t be smitten for your actions.

"Very well, then. You’ve chosen…"

The two orbs begin to pulsate and shine even more than before as they slowly move towards each other. One hand still on each, you can feel your body shivering with all sorts of sensations as they gradually merge, their shades of crimson red and ocean blue becoming that of a deep lavender as they fuse together become one.

"…the purple orb. As you would expect, it will grant you both abilities simultaneously. Allow me to explain— as per the power of the red orb, you and your actions will no longer exist."

The lavender orb quickly changes back to its crimson half, pulsating lightly in your hands.

"As previously explained, you’ll be able to do anything you want without anyone ever acknowledging you. People will not be aware of your actions. The abilities I mentioned earlier such as flight and intangibility will also still be gifted to you, as well of others that you might run into on your own."

The crimson orb shifts back to its mixed purple form for a moment before quickly turning blue again.

"But, as you've also picked the blue one, you will also be granted universal acceptance. While your voice won’t be acknowledge by people, it will be subconsciously recognized, heard and accepted as an absolute order by those who hear it. Any commands you issue in this fashion will be rationalized by those that do your bidding, and those that witness them doing so will see it as something perfectly normal and nothing out of the ordinary."

The orb pulsates more in your hands as it becomes brighter, changing back to its purple state.

"Now, there are orders you can’t issue; you can’t ask someone to do something with you or to you unless you first order them to acknowledge you. If you do so, they’ll feel like a ghost appeared before them—or wherever you stand relatively to them at this point—and won’t remember you asking them to notice you. They might have some questions to ask you, though."

The glowing lavender sphere's light becomes more and more powerful as the disembodied voice slowly becomes more distance.

"If you reveal yourself to someone, they won’t remember any of your previous actions. For example, if you order someone to change their behaviour and then reveal yourself, they will still remember changing their behaviour, but not that you’re the one behind it."

The purple light emanating from the sphere now nearly blinding you, the voice is becoming difficult to hear.

"To the people you revealed yourself to, things will happen exactly as they would if you only picked the blue orb: your wishes will be their commands. They’ll know that you’re not entirely human, though, as they witnessed you appearing—that is, unless you also edit their memories."

The lilac light from the orb becomes so powerfully blinding that you can feel your head spinning, a new headache starting to form again. The orb is quivering in your hands, causing your entire body to shake. You hear a last whisper from the disembodied voice, just barely audible enough to make it out:

"Now go, John Doe, and unleash yourself upon this world."

And suddenly...everything stops.

You feel gravity once again, and notice that your head is pointed upwards. So the light was the light of the sun all along…? You must have had a heatstroke. While your eyes, now pointed towards the ground, slowly recover from the exposure to the light of the sun, you laugh at just how dumb that entire dream sequence was. Nonexistence? Mind control? And a reward for testing the limits of some otherwordly powers? Right, as if any of that would actually happen.

Looking around, you see you're in the middle of a calm park in your hometown, not far off from the city district. People are walking to and fro, going on with their daily lives. Everything's normal. No nonexistence, no mind control, nothing...indeed, it was all just a crazy dream you had.

With a yawn, you idly slip your hand under your pants as you think about what to do today...

...You idly...slip your hand under your pants...?

If you slipped it under your pants, you'd surely feel the fabric of your jeans, right?

Looking down at yourself in order to understand what's going on, you realize that you're not wearing pants. Well, that would certainly explain that. In fact, you're not wearing clothes at all. At least everything makes sense now...

...wait...

Why the FUCK are you naked?!

You look around and under the bench you're sitting on, but to your dismay, you can't seem to find a single article of clothing. No pants, no underwear, no nothing. You start to freak out as you quickly try to map out the fastest route to your apartment from your current location in your head. Running through the city nude is going to be a bit embarrassing, but there's no other way. Hell, you're almost sure any number of these bystanders in the park will be looking at your strangely and calling you out on your public indecency any moment now, perhaps even informing any local police of the incident.

…any moment now...

…

Holy fucking shit.

It was real. It was all real. People aren't acknowledging or reacting to your existence—you're sitting naked in a park and no one has anything to say about it. By some stretch of the imagination, that dream and the disembodied voice was all legitimate.

As the realization dawns upon you, you slowly calm down and get yourself together. You're naked, no one can notice you, and you can command people's minds...it all adds up. You have no idea what the disembodied voice was or why it chose you of all people to gift these powers, but it's obvious enough what you're meant to do with them.

At this hour of the day, the park is full of activity; healthy people jogging, families having picnics, couples enjoying the weather…the disembodied voice was kind enough to throw you back into the world already naked, so it's time to jump straight into the fun. Where will you begin...?

What will be your first use of your newfound powers?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)