More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by JimJoeBob JimJoeBob

What should Lilly do?

The king's court.

"I know!", she exclaimed and turned as Patrice rose from Lilly's skirt to meet her face, "I could go downstairs and see how daddy's daily court goes! There must be someone with something interesting to do." The two left the room and separated at the main stairway, Patrice went upstairs to take care of maidly business and Lilly went downstairs and down some hallways to the thrown room's entrance. Two knights fully suited in shiny steel armor opened the grand wooden doors and Lilly entered to see her father sitting on his thrown and a line of twenty or so villagers ready to ask the king for advice, aid, or justice. The queen's chair was empty so Lilly decided to sit there beside her father, "Hi daddy! How are you today?"

"Fine Pumpkin, I am delighted to see that you would want to attend my daily court," said the kindly middle-aged man before turning to the line of men and women eager to speak with the king. Lilly had been at several court meetings before and has seen the variety of people an audience with the king brings forth. She had seen adventurers seeking fortune and fame, villagers with petty problems or looking for handouts, strangers from far off lands willing to sell monarchs foreign goods and artifacts, and many others with their own reasons for traveling to the castle.

What opportunities lie in store?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)