More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Roosan Roosan

Who do you through the first rock at?

The Warrior

You pick up a rock, mutter a quick prayer to Armok (God of Blood and creator of the Vampire 'species'), swing back your arm and lob the rock of the party warrior. It whistles down and strikes him squarely on the head as he bisects a zombie. The clang as it impacts against his helmet rings through the air and he goes completely still. The zombies, you and his fellow heroes are all frozen, waiting for some sign, either good or ill.

Very, very slowly, he keels over and falls from the walkway. The crash as he smashes into the flagstones below is one of the sweetest sounds you've ever heard and, in years to come, you're sure it'll always bring a smile to your face.

The rogue laughs out loud at his companions fate then looks up at you.

"DUDE! That was fucking awesome! He just got ganked by some lame wannabe Vampire! Wait till I tell the guild about this!"

Still chuckling, he draws a crossbow, mutters a cantrip and shoots at you. You don't even have time to curse before it hits you in the chest, knocking you to the floor and out of site of your prey.

The arrow doesn't really hurt though. Instead, you seem to be completely unable to move anything but your eyes. Seems the rogue used some sort of special attack to paralyse you, the bastard. From below, you hear

"Seriously, I'm going to portal back to town to make sure I see the look on his face when he rezs and to tell the rest of the guild about it. Listen, I just stuck the boss of the dungeon with a Nerve Bolt so he won't be any trouble. Just keep drinking mana potions and spamming fireball, you'll wipe this dungeon easily and then you can come and find us, alright?"

You hear a timid sound from the wizard and then the crackle of a portal spell. What sort of bullshit high level players were the Rogue and the Warrior? Players shouldn't be using portals until at least the 18th level. Wait.

Wait... there's a jumping star in your stats bar that can only mean one thing; Level Up!

The massive clang when the Warrior hit the floor must have stopped you from hearing the signature ding. Eagerly, you open up the stat bar.

Level 3 -> Level 10
Melee Attack: 6 -> 25
Ranged Attack: 2 -> 20
Weakness: Sunlight, Light Based Attacks, Holy Attacks, Fire Attacks
Special Abilities:
Drain - Can initiate grapple attack to do three quarters normal melee damage to opponent's health and mana. Restores health at three quarters efficiency.
Previous life - In your previous life you were a [Sniper]. You gain the [Damn Good Ground] trait.
Damn Good Ground - Your ranged damage increases proportionate to how much higher you are than your target.

New Title and Creature type: Vampire!
Resistance gained: All damage types not under Weakness
Abilities gained:
Hypnotic Gaze - You can spend 50% of your mana (cannot be modified) to attempt to dominate the will of one opponent. If successful, they will obey your commands until they pass a [Difficult] will save. Orders cannot cause the target to self-kill
Undead Lord - Mindless Undead monsters (zombies, bone golems, abominations) of a lower level than you will automatically obey your commands. You gain a significant CHAR boost when attempting to persuade all undead Monsters of a lower level than you to follow you.

Hells. Yes.

You've done it. You're a fang toting nosferatu with hypnotic eyes, incredible damage reductions, better blood drinking abilities and you can even tell the zombies how not to suck at combat. And, better yet, you can feel your new resistances cancelling out the power of the Nerve Bolt and in a few short seconds you're back on your feet.

So, what now? Get the zombies to attack tactically? Dominate the will of the lonely wizard? Or wait for her and drain her blood?

What's the plan?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)