More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by LunaCee LunaCee

Wow. How DID you get so much exp?

The Trouble With Grinding...

The three must have been fighting for a while without healing, probably because the monsters in this area are all low-level like you are-- er, were. They never expected to run into something that would one-shot kill them like you just did. The Knight and the Rogue both vanish in a flash, probably respawning in town. This left you and the clearly near- Ranger. You squish over, extending a couple of tentacle-like tendrils from your body to explore her pockets. You find something labeled "Minor Healing Potion" which claims to heal only about 20 HP (you find yourself thinking that heroes have some weird terminology for things). This should be enough to keep her from dying on you before you're ready for it.

This is good, you think. If you can come up with a method, you can teach her exactly what it's like to be stepped on day after day. You started to absorb some water, grateful for the new enhanced stability of your morphs. Slowly, you squelch over the Ranger's body, wrapping her in your gelatinous form. Once you had her completely encased her in your body, you paused to scan your surroundings. There appears to be a small cave on the other side of the lake, something that most heroes wouldn't be able to get into-- at least, not easily. You start squishing your way over there.

To your joy, the small hole in the stone is vacant, just large enough to accommodate you and your catch. Satisfied, you unwrap yourself from around the Ranger, but choose to hold onto the extra water-- it would probably be more impressive if she woke to find herself in the lair of a larger creature... rather than a one fluid quart blob...

All you have to do now is wait. At a thought, you shift your position to be between her and the exit. That might be better-- cutting off her only possible escape route.

She shifts, moving very faintly as if gently awakening from a good night's sleep. This is it.

She wakes to see you, and...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)