More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by splurgh splurgh

So, Which Prince Will You Be?

The Prince on the Run

Well, you’re looking over all these options, and it’s not super clear what all of them have to do. I mean, yeah, there’s the acting princely part but what does that exactly… entail? Is strutting part of the deal, or just the horseback riding? Is it too much to ask to have a little day-to-day thrown in there, maybe some kind of hint regarding waiting tables, or storylines? You don’t want to pick, say, “The Prince of Wolves” because he looks cool just to end up spending every day getting fake-executed or something. You leaf through the pages of the book, looking for some hint of what you’ll be up to this summer.

Oh wait, here’s one. “The Prince on the Run”. The little cartoon under it shows a guy running through what looks like a forest. Someone’s pulling him by his hand, but you can’t see more than an arm, since they’re off the side of the picture. Around the edges, some of the forest seems to be on fire, and he's looking over his shoulder, possibly towards some kind of pursuers? Looking at the description, you see that this guy, unlike the others, has a very clear plotline. Sure, it involves running a lot, but you can do that! You've done it for years! How hard could it be? You read the description aloud.


Yesterday, you were just your typical stunningly handsome, regal, well-endowed prince. Then, everything changed when the bad guys attacked. You’ve barely escaped the men that captured your parents, but now they control the castle. Can you survive in the wilderness, hunted by your pursuers? Can you outrun the slings and arrows of malicious fortune? Can you regain your throne? ARE YOU THE PRINCE ON THE RUN?


You gasp in a breath of air as you quickly grab hold of either side of the table, catching yourself as the lightness in your head surges into a full on dizzy spell. You clench your eyes shut and shake your head, what is going on? You barely manage to crack one eye open and check the box labelled "Yes" before you tumble out of your chair, the blinding glare of the room flaring up to white out your conscious mind.

Maybe You Should Get a FitBit.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)