More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Haoro Haoro

Who does he see?

The Huntress, Queen Irena (Petplay Route)

The door slammed open so hard it hit the other wall, making Marcus yelp in high-pitched shock. The woman who filled the entranceway was tall and raven-haired. She wore thick leather armor and the pelt of a black wolf draped over her back, it's snarling head resting on one shoulder. Cowering under his covers, the young prince recognized her at once. Queen Irena, ruler of the small neighboring kingdom of Kapria. She'd often visited his parents for feasts and diplomatic meetings. Marcus found her kind of scary. She was loud and boisterous, always shouting and drinking and talking about the savage beasts she'd slaughtered.

The Kaprians were backward savages, but they'd been friends and allies of his kingdom for years. She had to be here to help him! He wriggled out of his covers, squeaking helplessly. When her icy blue eyes found his face he froze, something in that cool stare chilling even his naive and innocent heart.

"Prince Marcus." She smiled, baring white teeth that gleamed like fangs in the candlelight. "I was looking for your parents but they seem to have fled. Such a joy it would have have been to stick your foolish Mother's head on a spike and make a trophy of your Father. Ah well, when one quarry escapes the net, there's often a far sweeter prize to be found elsewhere. "

"What?" Marcus gasped. He'd heard her words, but they just didn't seem to filter through properly. Stick his Mother's head where? Do what to his Father? She was a friend!

"I've conquered your kingdom, little prince." She stepped closer, her heavy footfalls seeming to shake his little bed. "Led my huntresses across the border yesterday. No-one even tried to stop us. Now I just need a suitable trophy to celebrate my successful conquest. I think you'll do quite nicely"

What does this fierce huntress do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)