More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What's next?

The Hand's training

Colleen taught her students the way she was taught. Between certain hours, she gave them free permission to go after her in the street, work off their aggression that way. She'd see how good they were at sneaking after her, and how good they were at launching an attack.

She knew she could hold them off, but that wasn't the point. It measured other skills, skills that the Hand was interested in that couldn't be taught in a dojo.

So she fully expected her students to try to get a hit in. If nothing else she could enjoy the exertion of defending herself, blocking blows and lashing out; she enjoyed fighting.

Plus it prepared those she recommended to the Hand. It was a toned down version of how it trained people to stay on their toes.

Back when she'd been living at the compound, she knew to be on guard 24/7. It taught her vigilance.

Even since moving to the city, she hadn't lost the knack. When she had visitors, they were sure to test it.

Still, sometimes she was more ready than others. Even if she was asleep, she'd wake up to her door or window being slid open. In theory, she was always already.

In practise though, sometimes she just wanted to shower. She let the water cascade down her body, unaware of Bakuto's surprise 'visit.' She started by getting her hair wet; she always enjoyed relaxing, getting rid of the grime of the day.

There was a muted footstep. Even over the sound of the water, Colleen heard that. She tensed, casting her gaze around the room. Automatically she crossed her arm over her chest, but then had to relent; she couldn't defend herself like that.

Bakuto charged into the bathroom and was immediately hit in the head with a bottle of conditioner. Improvisation was always a good weapon.

He took a step back, but quickly regained his balance. Colleen slipped almost into autopilot; she knew the fighting forms, she was used to this impromptu sparring.

For a few seconds she forget her nudity and pursued him, keeping him on the back foot. Press an advantage, never let an enemy recover: they wouldn't give the same mercy. She remembered when he'd drilled all those lessons into her.

He got one blow in, but she managed to evade and turn it around. Moments later and he took a step back, yielding. He was grinning proudly.

"Good to see you've not gone soft."

Colleen relaxed, easily slipping out of the fighting mindset. She'd pushed him out of her bathroom, then further to the open door of her apartment.

Ah! She was in the hallway of her apartment building. Self-conscious, she crossed one hand over her chest, not sure whether she was more embarassed to have her mentor see her naked, or to have him see her look embarassed.

"You know me better than that," Colleen said, "I'm never going soft."

Bakuto gave a pleased nod before turning and walking away. As soon as he was around the corner, Colleen immediately let herself hurry, cheeks burning as she turned back-

To see the locked door of her apartment. In their brief duel it must have got kicked shut.

Oh god! She squealed, glancing behind again and hoping she wasn't alone. She was locked out of her apartment, and as naked as she had been for the shower! Water still dripped from her.

What can she do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)