More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Haoro Haoro

Who does he see?

The Dark Enchantress, Lileath (Magic Route)

Cowering under his covers, prince Marcus watched in terror as a woman in black robes stepped into his bedroom. Her bare feet hardly made a sound, like she was drifting over the wooden floor rather than touching it. He felt his blood go cold when his anxious gaze found her face. She was very pale, with dark red lips the color of wine and sleek black hair so long it almost touched the floor. Her eyes though, were bright purple, shining like precious stones. They were the strangest and most beautiful pair of eyes he'd ever seen.

"I wonder where a prince does hide, on this lovely eventide." The woman purred, her voice lilting up and down like some strange song. "Does he cower in his bed, with not a thought in his pretty head?" His teeth chattering he was so scared, Marcus wrapped his blankets even tighter round his slender body. Those beautiful eyes drifted down to find his face, and he felt his thumping heart stop inside his chest. He couldn't move look away. It was like she'd frozen him there with just her cool gaze. "There he is, the cowardly boy." The woman continued in that same odd rhythm. "Hiding from me has brought him no joy."

"What?" Marcus managed to squeak. Was she rhyming everything? Why?

"Forgive me dear." The woman grinned at him, showing off perfect white teeth. "People do expect certain things from a witch and I try to satisfy. Now come, out from under there." Marcus found himself moving before he could even think. Part of him knew he should be terrified of this crazy lady, but he nevertheless slipped out of his covering of blankets and lowered himself down onto the floor at the foot of his bed. "Closer dear." The woman purred, curling a single pale finger. The young prince felt his leg move without him even asking it too, and suddenly he was standing just in front of her. This close, her gorgeous eyes seemed even more haunting, like he was staring into liquid starlight.

What does this odd witch want?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)