More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Haoro Haoro

Who does he see?

The Arachne Queen, Hespera (Monstergirl Route)

In his warm cocoon of blankets, Marcus stared at the open door to his bedroom in tearful terror. He couldn't see anything in the dark shadows of the corridor outside. What had happened to the torches? The castle was always well-lit, especially the passageway outside his room! His Mother insisted on it.

Then something long and thick and black appeared in his doorway, the pointed tip clicking as it landed lightly on the floor of his room. His eyes bulged, darting over glistening segments of a strange, dark material he didn't recognize, bending up outside the door. He bit into his sheets, struggling to muffle a terrified squeal. What was that? It looked so scary! Then another just like it appeared beside the first, and another, and another, bending and flexing as they carried something big and black after them into his bedroom.

For a moment, Marcus just froze stiff. His eyes told him there was some huge, horrible monster slipping silently through his doorway, but his brain just refused to understand. A spider...that was the first thought that entered his silently screaming mind. Or part of one, with eight folded legs folded up into a plated thorax. The long limbs were chittering faintly as they carried behind them a thick, swollen abdomen, black and glistening, across the floor of his room. Bulbous and round, it wiggled from side to side as the rest of the creature turned to look right at him.

His eyes darted up without him even asking them to, slipping from the spider's black thorax to something even stranger rearing up above. The almost-naked torso of a woman, her skin ghostly-pale. Her muscled waist melded seamlessly into the black plates of her thorax, then above a pair of large, round boobs, the nipples covered with a kind of metal bra studded with purple gemstones. She had a woman's arms too, toned and strong, and she held in one hand a long spear with an oily black point.

The young, terrified prince whimpered into his sheets as his gaze found her face. She almost looked normal there, with a nose and mouth and everything, but she had eight eyes, each of them red and without pupils! The two largest were where they should be, but then she had two smaller ones below and another four paired up across her forehead. Apart from that, even in his utter terror he could tell she was quite beautiful. Her cheeks were high, her full, darker lips curled into what almost seemed like a kindly smile as she stared back at him with obvious delight. She even had hair like a person, raven-black and cascading down the back of her human part. On top of her head she wore a crown, a thin band of the same silver metal as her bra, with a large purple stone set into the front. A queen spider?

This was a nightmare, Marcus realized suddenly as she smiled gently down at him. It had to be! He'd read too many scary books recently, or maybe it was the rich dessert at dinner. Horrible monsters like this weren't real! Any moment now he'd wake up, safe in his bed. Then he could run quickly to his Mother's room and bury himself in her warm chest, sleeping safely there in her arms. All he had to do was wake up!

"Oh my." She said suddenly, raising a hand to her lips. Her arm moved, gently laying that spear against the wall. "Oh my..." Her horrible legs chittered as she stepped across the floor towards him. Too scared to even move or scream, Marcus just trembled like a leaf under his blankets. "You are just adorable, my sweet little thing." She cooed, her voice almost musical despite her horrific appearance. "Oh, please come out from there so I can see you properly." She was right over him now, her chittering thorax and eight horrible legs at the end of his bed while her human part lent over his shivering little body. "I won't hurt you, I promise." The monster sighed. One of her human hands reached down towards him, while a black leg lifted up onto the end of his bed, clicking menacingly as it landed on his blankets.

Just like that, Marcus found he was able to scream. A shrill, ear-piercing shriek tore from his trembling lips and he wriggled frantically back on his bed, screaming again and again as his shuddering body was caught on his blankets.

What is the creature's reaction?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)