More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Mr. Haziq Mr. Haziq

Who are you?

Solus the Archiver

"Hyah!"

You thrust your sword forward. The tip only grazing the beast's skin as it dodged your strike. You didn't even have time to curse before a fist slammed into you causing you to crash into a wall.

Fighting through the pain, you shot a fireball at its face as you picked yourself up. The beast roared as it tried to put out the fire scorching its face. You used this opportunity to slam your body against the beast, effectively knocking it down.

"Your shall finally come by my hand! Rejoice!" With that declaration, you ran towards it, intent on beheading the beast. You lift your sword and swun-

*Alert! Players have entered the area!*

You stopped your arm mid-swing. The ruler in your hand nearly flying out of your grasp.

"Damn..." You cursed. "GUYS! Players in the zone! Get back to your areas! We can continue the act later!" You ordered, using the ruler to emphasize your point.

Pointing your ruler towards the Paper Golem you were about to 'slay', "Jeff! Come on! Hurry up! You're one of the tougher enemies in this area. That means you're the second person who should be hurrying here!"

Jeff the Paper Golem got up and dusted himself off before handing you the book you threw at his face. Seeing everyone walk off to get ready for the players, you nod to Jeff before walking of to your place.

After all, you're the one who should be hurrying the most.


You managed to reach your table before the players arrived. LARPing tends to make you and the monsters lose your sense of time, but that's neither here nor there. Taking a seat, you decided to organize your thoughts for a while before they reach here.

You're a Quest Giver. Normally, that title would rise envy among the NPCs due to you being more important than them.

Luckily, your situation is a little different.

You are placed in an area called The Eternal Library. A place that houses every book with information about practically everything in the game. Players included.

You know the location and content of every book except the contents concerning the players. After all, having an all knowing AI would do no good now would it?

Your quest involves the player or players to put three books that you've given them into their respective spot and the reward is being guided to a book concerning whatever it is they wanted to know about.

Sounds simple? In theory, but not in practice.

You see, The Eternal Library isn't called that only for its contents, but also for how ridiculously large the area is. Of course, being the librarian substitute for this place, you know the ins and outs. However, the players don't. Even reaching YOU takes a while.

Propping your feet on the table, you decided to take a look at your status out of boredom. Its been a while since you last checked with your own eyes.

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

Name: Solus the Archiver

Race: Human

Class: Scholar

Level: 1

Attack: 8

Magic: 16

Defense: 13

Resistance: 18

Speed: 11

Abilities: N/A

\----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Well, its not like a guy who's job is to mostly just talk supposed to have skills....

I mean, you don't even give out a questline. Its a SIDE QUEST. What's the point of giving skills to a guy like that?

Before you went into another mental rant of the injustice of it all, you heard some footsteps coming from a distance.

Who is it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)