More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by olfpeare olfpeare

Whose role do you take on?

Simon Hughes, an orphan destined for bigger things

Author’s Note: This is a story about Simon Hughes who, as soon as he turns 18 years old, must move out of the orphanage he has lived in. Since he is an adult now the orphanage is no longer responsible for him and he needs to get his life together on his own. This story deals with the struggles that starting from scratch entails and explores the origins of the main character. In addition, it focuses on the relationships that Simon builds with those around him.

It's mostly story-driven at the beginning, so if you expect some kinky stuff to happen in chapter 3 you are in the wrong branch. As the story advances you can mostly expect vanilla sex. If there is something out of the ordinary happening in a chapter, I’ll make sure to note that on the top. This story will contain some Fantasy elements (it will take some time till I get to it, though). Therefore, slight is included (not in sex scenes).

Prologue

It’s one of those deceptive nights that seem to be completely silent. The streetlights illuminate the empty streets. The peaceful silence is only interrupted by the loudly panting man running for his life. He holds a bundle tight against his body while running. He doesn’t dare to look back for fear of losing speed. The two creatures running through the shadows still manage to catch up to him. As the man reaches a crossroads, he quickly turns left but fails to see that the pavement is higher there and trips over it. He falls and slides a few meters over the asphalt. A voice rings from the shadows, “Stop right there!”

The man slowly rolls onto his back. Blood flowing down his arms and face turn the soft fabric of the bundle in his arms a bright red. He gasps as his two pursuers, both armed with spears, step into the light of the streetlamps. The heavily panting man gapes at the two elven warriors in front of him. In a flash a spear points at his throat. “Hand us the baby.” one of them says calmly but with an aggressive undertone. However, the man starts to laugh at them and unveils the empty bundle. “Seems, as if I’ve won.” Ironic last words; the spear point pierces his throat as he finishes the sentence.

17 years later…

You feel sad even though you can finally move out of this shithole called an orphanage. You have lived there almost your entire life and it felt like hell on earth. Quite ironic, given that it is run by nuns. All the times you were lent, your own words for getting sent to a foster family, to a family were much needed relief. An escape from the strict rules and severe punishments, however fleeting, as you were punished by the nuns every time you were sent back. That means, you got punished quite often. You didn’t misbehave when you were lent to families but due to various reasons you were always sent back, most often due to your introverted nature. You just need some time to get used to a person before you start to open up, but most families weren’t keen on waiting.

You are, no you _were, _by far the oldest kid there, so you don’t have any friends. Nor do you have friends at school, albiet due to a different reason; some kids just think that life without parents is cool and decided one day to put you down. At least that’s how you interpreted their thought process. You were unable to stand up for yourself and nobody else would because no one cares. It’s as simple as that. Informing a teacher about any of the bullying done to you just makes things worse. A mistake you learned not to make twice as spending another night locked in your locker at school would be distinctly... unpleasant. When you tried to explain why you didn’t come home that night you expected at least a little bit of sympathy from the nuns; your expectations were wrong. You got punished, that time harder than usual. She didn’t use her hand to beat you. No, she took her belt.

You must admit that’s why you are grateful that you are finally allowed to leave this place. On the other hand, you still haven’t finished high school, which starts in one week, and you have neither a job nor a place to live. That means you either get killed by a brutal prank at school or you just end it on your own.

You finish packing up your things with those “happy thoughts” and head to formally say goodbye.

Does anything worth mentioning happen before you leave?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)