More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by olfpeare olfpeare

Does anything worth mentioning happen before you leave?

Yes

You knock on the door of the Devil’s office, your own words for the boss of the orphanage, to receive permission to enter. You are surprised as you do. You expected to see the devil alone in her office, but she isn’t. In the chair opposite of the devil sits a woman. She gets up and turns to you to greet you. You catch your breath at the sight in front of you. You try not to stare at the gorgeous woman, albeit you can’t withstand the urge to catch a quick glimpse.

She looks to be in her early twenties. She is smaller than you; about 1.5 meters tall. Her blonde, curly hair (that ends right above her breasts) frames her innocent-looking face nicely. The tight caramel colored dress which she wears hugs her curves tightly. Her voluminous chest is clearly visible in the wide and deep cleavage of her dress. Your eyes are caught for a moment at her ... maybe DD- tits; yes DD seems accurate.

You don't notice her eyes following yours the whole time when you checked her out.

Lost in your thoughts you barely notice that she introduces herself. “Nice to meet you. My name is Ms. James and I’m responsible for your well-being from now on.”

You are upset. You can’t believe that you will be sent to a foster family on the day you shall have been released. “B-but I’m too old to… to be adopted.” you stammer while you shoot an accusing glance at the devil. The amused look on their faces bewilders you though.

The devil starts to speak after a few seconds of silence. “Don’t be silly, Simon. Ms. James is going to be your social worker, not your future mother; that won’t end well, as the past taught us.”

You slump into the remaining chair, speechless, figuring out how to react to her insult. You open your mouth a few times to defend yourself but end up turning to your new social worker with a pleading look in your eyes. However, the devil continues to insult you in an endless monologue.

After, what lasts an eternity, Ms. James stands up and interrupts the devil. “Thank you for your effort; I think you gave me a good insight into what you had to deal with. I would like to take Mr. Hughes with me if you don’t mind.” She turns on the spot and leaves, showing you to follow her. You hastily take your belongings, say goodbye, and run after her.

You manage to catch up to her as she leaves the building and you quietly walk to her car. You can’t stand the silence anymore, therefore you start to speak. “Thank you! but where are we heading, Ms.---”

“No! no! no! NO!”, she interrupts you. “Don’t call me Ms. James! That was a show for that old witch. Just call me Aubrey, alright? We are driving to a homeless center. I organized a bed for the next two weeks there. I didn’t see any contracts for an apartment or a job in your file. However, I saw that you applied for a few jobs, but got rejected. It’s good to see that you took the initiative, though. Anyway, I am going to pull some strings and procure some job- interviews for you.”

You arrive at the homeless center and Aubrey helps you to settle in and joins for a quick dinner. She leaves after she promises to pick you up on Thursday.

You are starting to feel lonely in the following days but none of the other residents are keen to speak to you. They prefer to stay for themselves. You don’t blame them since you are by far the youngest. Sometimes it’s amusing how life changes.

How is Thursday going to turn out?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)