More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by ADiabolicalDuck ADiabolicalDuck

What do you do?

Reset the Trap

Maybe you should play this safe; if this was just a tutorial zone three heroes wouldn’t be traveling together, probably. So wait for them to get out of earshot and then you can zip out of hiding just long enough to reset the trap. Sure you were distracted by the lure of boobs but you saw the rogue deal with this and you have hands, you are a rat after all, so you should be able to just-

Hmmm. Okay, okay that didn’t work but maybe if you… No, that- The rogue was able to disarm this in half this time. You must be doing something wrong. You obviously don’t have the skills needed, you’ll never get this to wor- click Oh, that worked. Huh, what were you worried about?

Slipping back to your hiding place you wait, actually dozing off before the heroes came back at a full run. Clearly they’d run into something big leaving them battered and bloodied. The barbarian was in the lead this time carrying the rogue over his shoulders while the bard stuck close to him. They were barrelling through the tunnel so quick that they would run into the trap even if they spotted it, which wasn’t likely without the rogue looking out for them. They didn’t spot it.

The barbarian was dead center in the square when the spikes slammed up so hard that the rogue got flung from his shoulder by the of the impact. She landed with a grunt on the floor just on this side of the trap next to the bard who had staggered back after the spikes had torn up the front of her clothes. She was hurt, she had already been hurt, but now she was stunned making her momentarily helpless. The rogue, who had been the most injured, was now coming around. If you wanted to attack either of them now would be the time. Though you could stay hidden.

Ding Or not. As the barbarian derezzed you got a sudden rush of XP and growth forcing you out of your hiding place to keep from being crushed. Apparently since you reset the trap you got credit for the kill. Now that you’re out in the open you’re going to have to do something about at least one the remaining heroes before you were spotted.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)