More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by JimJoeBob JimJoeBob

The Princess?

Purz

The princess of the black orc clan was strolling past the stone huts and her fellow clansmen as they worked hard to mine the rock of their secluded mountain village. Ahead was the center of Ragnahb, the king's longhouse, where her father, mother, and four younger siblings resided. The place where any clan member with news or a problem could come and talk to their king who would do his best to deal with the issues presented. Purz had been training with some of the braves at the barracks when a messenger told her she'd been summoned by her father.

Through the longhouse doors she went and soon met the face of her father, a grizzled warrior who'd fought his way to this mountain for his people and their right to be free. The girl stood there, hands held together in front of her waist, listening to every word. He went on about the dwindling food stores and the lack of resources the mountain had like wood and metal. Their village had an abundance of blackstone, sulfur, pelts, and obsidian, things rare in other parts of the world. Urzan said that it was time for someone to venture out into the world and negotiate trade with merchants, develop trust, and maybe find a place for an outpost. The man had thought long and hard about it and decided it was best for her to go as she was a capable warrior who could use some lessons about the outside world and gain some experience in being a leader and an example to her people.

Purz agreed to take on this expidition and headed for her room in the longhouse to gather her personal things. She grabbed a leather bag and stuffed it with some herbs, medicines, a water sack, and some samples of trade supplies. Then she grabbed her gear: a bow, spear, and knife with broadheads, spearhead, and blade all made out of the sharpest obsidian and the rest wade from animal bones. Everything held to her back or hip besides the spear in her hand and she was ready to set out into the world.

Outside she met lines of orcs who waved her on and wished her good luck on her journey to save them. She turned around at the gate of the craggy pass and waved back before heading down the narrow path and into the cave of twisting passages. She came out of the other side into the kindling light once more and worked her way down the wider mountain pass until she'd reached the bottom of Karehorn Mountain. There she was met with a dirt road cutting through a green field of grass and a road sign pointing out the nearest settlement.

Where does the sign lead?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)