More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by JimJoeBob JimJoeBob

Where does the sign lead?

The Silver Slime Tavern

Purz had never heard of a tavern before and wondered what it could be, and since it was the only sign of civilization, she decided to make it her first stop. With her being a chameleon orc and having moved from a mountain of black and grey rock to a green field, her skin changed color to the green typical of the swamp orcs who were the best known. This would be good as not many had known of the black orcs and some might take them as easy targets to raid and enslave.

Night began to fall with the sun setting and changing the hue of the sky to orange, red, and purple. Purz had treked for a couple of hours before she'd arrived at the door of the Silver Slime. Inside she went and found an array of people of several different races shouting, drinking, gambling, and having a merry time. As she approached the bar, she'd attracted some attention but because of her figure and not her race as orcs weren't too rare of a sight in these parts.

She took a seat with a gentleman resting next to her, tankard still in hand, passed out, "Light for his liquor that one. Hello, what can I get ya," asked the bartender.

"What is this place?", she inquired in turn to the beer bellyed man behind the bar.

"Aye lass, this a tavern! 'ave ya never been in one before? People drink, fight, gamble, and have fun 'round here. 'ere," he slammed a full drink on the counter, "One on the house for yer first time."

Purz looked at the yellowish brown liquid then held up her cup, looking at it with curiousity before taking a sip. It hit her tastebuds and her eyes popped, she loved the taste and downed the rest of it,"Mmmmm..."

"Ya like it don't ya? I'll go get you another, on the house," and the man stepped away to do just that as his newest customer turned around in her stool. She looked out a the rest of the tavern wondering what she could do. Someone here could be willing to buy from her people or at least point her in the direction of nearest city. Or maybe she should sit and mingle with them, get a better idea of how to act around these foreigners. She could also try to find a way to make money as the bartender probably isn't going to continue giving out free drinks and she'd need some for food and a place to stay among other things.

What does she do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)