More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 8 by IWriteWithATalon IWriteWithATalon

Press a button.

Press 1, I want them now!

The Redeemed package seemed amazing to you. You got all your favorite Titans (or non-Titans) with just enough modification to make sure your house wasn’t going to be destroyed by some kind of superhero-supervillain brawl every time you left to go to the corner store. At least this way you could trust them to look out for one another… and, again, your house.

You had them set up to arrive at your house, activated and ready. You were told that they would handle their story, and that you weren’t supposed to know anything… convenient, but a bit scary. So for the next week and a half you sat around the house, waiting for a knock on the door. Or a window to get smashed in. There were some ex-villainesses in there, after all.

It finally came on a Saturday (thank god, did robotic girls count as mail? You’d hate to wait an extra day over a technicality), when you were doing a whole lot of nothing in the late afternoon, besides channel surfing and wishing that something more interesting would happen.

You would, in the coming days, look upon that moment of utter idleness with envy.

There was a quick rap on the door, three soft taps in a row. You looked up, mind suddenly active and semi-racing with possibilities. Were they there? Or was it an unexpected guest? You were seriously hoping it wasn’t the latter – not only was that not nearly as fun, you were quite certain you’d take out your frustration at it not being delivered upon them, and that wasn’t entirely fair to them.

When you opened the door, you found to your glee that it was the former. At least, partially. Four of them had arrived, it seemed. Everyone but Blackfire stood assembled before you, their smiles a warm greeting, and even Terra and Jinx looking extremely happy to be there. Admittedly, Jinx appeared to be inspecting the place a little disappointedly, but… well, you’d been able to afford five of them. If the house of someone who could afford to spend that much wasn’t to her standards, the girl needed to consider a few downgrades.

Though, Blackfire would probably be even more critical. If she was here.

You realized you’d been staring just a little too long; Starfire had floated in front of you and was waving her hand in front of your face, and you realized she’d actually greeted you.

“Ah, hi girls!” You beamed, trying to match the cheer they’d shown you.

“We are pleased to be arriving at your domicile on this, the day of our rectified unity!”

You stared at Starfire, raising an eyebrow. Raven just sighed.

“She means reunification.”

“Oh. Right. How long has it been?” You asked, a little unsure of their programming.

“Since she saw her sister?” Raven looked up. At least, her eyes did. The rest of her face was surprisingly well-shadowed by that cloak of hers. Very accurate. “Probably about a year. According to the Trandosians, though, the mental reconfiguration she went through could factor up to feel like almost ten years. The rest of us met up over the past few weeks.”

“Where is her sister?” You asked, looking around the girls to make sure she wasn’t holding back, keeping her distance for some reason.

“My sister is using the transportation of public usage,” Starfire said, sighing.

“Uh, why? She can fly like you, can’t she?”

“The Trandosians aren’t stupid. They know Blackfire’s kind of a hard case. They released her to us because we vouched for her, after we saw what it did to her… but they still have her under heavy restraint. She’s powerless, other than what anyone else could do.”

“Ch’yeah, otherwise we’d never have brought her here. I’m sure you’re a great leader and all boss, but I don’t think you could take a pissed off Tamaranian. Not unless you’ve got Batman laying around here to train you first,” Terra said, walking inside quickly. “Got any grub? I’m STAAARVVing.”

“Uh, yeah. Make yourself at home,” you muttered, feeling a little disrespected. At least the other three waited for you to give a half-bow and motion inside. That being said, Jinx was pretty quick to criticize the décor.

“Don’t you think this place is a little… you know, dull?” She asked, walking around and scratching her chin while checking out the wallpaper.

“Let me guess… you’d prefer pink?” You said with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, I mean… yeah!” She giggled and threw herself onto the couch, kicking her feet up on the armrest.

“Oh, I think this is a most wonderful home! You truly have a splendorous array of these geological wonders.”

“That’s… a marble countertop. Not too special,” you pointed out, a finger halfway raised.

There came another rapping at the door. This one was quick, but harsher than the last. You had few doubts about who it would be. Sure enough, as soon as you cracked the door, a certain raven-haired beauty was on the other side, looking simultaneously pissed off and threatened. She looked exactly as she had in the show, with one… well, two major differences. Namely the large metal bands wrapped around her wrists.

“Bus route doesn’t come anywhere near here,” she complained, staring at you with obvious distaste.

“Shouldn’t be an issue. If we go somewhere, I’ll likely drive us myself,” you mused. You held the door open and took a step backwards, but she only continued to glare at you.

“Well? Are you going to invite the lady in, or keep her standing out here?” She asked, tapping her foot impatiently.

“Sure… come on in,” you said, eyeing her suspiciously. You doubted even if Blackfire was being fake and pretending to be nice, she wasn’t probable to be calling herself a lady without a sense of sarcasm. Or at least fake nicety. Neither of which seemed to be present in her tone.

“It’s about time,” she said, rolling her eyes and striding in like she owned the place.

“Sister! It is so good to see you! I wish you had come with us during our journey; I do hope your time aboard the transit of free use was satisfactory.”

“Like I’d let you fly me all the way here. I am no one’s luggage,” Blackfire said, hoisting her head up high and moving through the house, finding a seat in the corner of the living room that was farthest away from everyone else.

“So, now that everyone’s here, maybe we can begin the meeting? You know, before someone destroys something,” Jinx said, giving you a wink when your eyes widened at the mention of destruction.

“Right… so, why don’t you all tell me why you’re here.”

“I thought you volunteered to be the leader of our group? Didn’t they already tell you?” Raven asked from the sofa, not even opening her eyes to speak.

“Yes! You were to be the leader, and the counsellor, and the many other things to bring peace.” Starfire nodded.

“R-right,” you said, not at all certain. “I more meant why each of you are here, individually. Who wants to start?”

“I’m just here so I don’t get fined,” Jinx said, rolling her eyes and laying back on the couch.

“I’m here for the free food!” Terra shouted from her position in the kitchen, currently raiding your cabinets for whatever snacks she could find.

“I am here to support my sister in her efforts to be a splendid hero!” Starfire said, clapping her hands together.

“I’m just here to make sure nobody blows anything up,” Raven muttered disinterestedly.

“I appreciate that,” you said back. “Anything to say, Blackfire?”

“I have nothing to say at all,” she said, rolling her eyes and looking away.

“Well… I admit, I was expecting a little more, but anything’s a start, right?” You laughed a little, trying to break the… not exactly tension, but disinterest in the room. Nobody really responded. “Anyway… as the leader of this little ragtag group, I guess I should lay down the ground rules. Each of you gets your own bedroom – if anyone decides to bunk in with each other, be my guest, but you’re moving the beds and your stuff yourselves. No destructive uses of powers inside the house, or in the yard – I have no desire to be fixing furniture and the yard every other day. Terra, the yard thing goes double for you.”

“Oh c’mon!” She said, pouting while still stuffing her face with granola bars, kind of ruining the effect.

“I stand by my statement. And if you eat all the food, I’m not afraid to start buying only enough for a day at a time,” you replied, narrowing your eyes at her. As if the prospect of there being less food around was a penalty far worse than any other, she immediately started stuffing everything she hadn’t already opened back into the cabinets.

“Discipline? I didn’t think he had it in him,” Raven said, smirking.

“At least I got some reaction… anyway, I’ll leave the room sorting to you girls, you can pick whichever ones you want – the doors to this place should all be shut, but every empty bedroom has a big white sticker on it. Feel free to write your name on it, make it feel a little more private. I’ll get more permanent markers once you’ve all settled in and I don’t think there will be any switching going on.”

“My own room?!”

That was the first thing that Terra had shown interest in besides food. She was off immediately, bolting between the other five people around her and dashing away before you could stop her.

“I should go make preparations for rest,” Starfire said, beaming as she floated off (how, you still weren’t sure) toward her own room.

“I’m gonna start redecorating!” Jinx shouted, leaping off the couch and strolling down the hallway.

“No tearing down walls!”

“You’re no fun!” Jinx pouted, turning just long enough to give you a raspberry.

You sighed and looked around. Raven must have floated off quietly at some point, because she wasn’t around. At least one of them was calm. Maybe you could even get her to help you corral the others.

“Well? Aren’t you going to check out your room?” You asked Blackfire, gesturing down the hallway.

“I think I’ll just let them settle in first. I don’t really want to deal with all the noise,” she said, rolling her eyes and keeping her arms firmly crossed.

You just shrugged. Oh well, Blackfire really was quite the loner, and to top it all of she’d just gotten out of prison. You were pretty sure she’d open up in time. Since everyone was off doing their own thing for now, you decided to pay one of them a visit. The only question was, which one?

Who to spend time with?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)