More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by IGankMid IGankMid

Attack?

Nope! It's time to shake your butt.

You may not be as wise as a real Kitsune, but you know this for sure: if there's one thing an adventurer protects more than their life, it's their ego.

"Fucking fox!" roared the knight. "Hiding up a tree like a pussycat! Come down and fight!"

You stick out your tongue and give a toothy grin, enjoying how the knight's face is turning a brilliant shade of crimson. Get kited, you little tin can.

Behind him, the Dark Elf Ranger nocks an arrow. "Just let me shoot it already," she hisses. "You never could keep up with those worthless critters anyway."

The Knight stops swinging his sword long enough to glare at the Ranger. "Shut up! It's mine!" he shouts. "I'll just get it down by Taunting. Monsters always fall for it, it's hard-wired into their stupid little brains."

Now, no matter how stupid an adventurer's plans might be, no matter how obvious a trick is, one thing a monster can never hope to resist is a well-aimed Taunt. Knights study for years to learn how to make themselves an irresistible center of attention, no matter what's going on around them. With a few magic words and gestures, they can change the course of a battle more decisively than a spellcaster ever could. This might be a problem.

The Knight bangs his sword on his shield and points it straight at you. He opens his mouth, takes a breath, and bellows his challenge.

"Hey! Fox Spirit! You're a fucking faggot!"

You blink.

"You cocksucking queer! You buttfucking cornholer! You shit-eating shit-driller!"

Well, that's just rude is what that is.

As it becomes increasingly obvious that the Knight's taunts are having no effect, the low-level healer steps behind him. Any ounce of respect she had for him started evaporating the moment you bounced off his skull, and his shouting isn't helping his case.

"I... don't think it's working," she says timidly.

"What the fuck?! This always works!" The Knight banged his sword against his shield again, making an unholy racket. "Faggot fox must be stuck in the tree or something."

You're definitely not stuck. In fact, you're just kind of disappointed at how stupid the Knight is. Still, all this noise and juvenile insults have given you an idea. You're hardly the only monster in the woods, after all...

You whip yourself around on your branch, lift your tail for the onlooking adventurers, and wiggle your little fox booty back and forth.

For a moment, the only movement in the glen is your tiny hiney. Then the healer raises an eyebrow and points at your dancing tail. "Hey, Crisco... is that thing making fun of you?"

Blind rage fills the Knight's vision and he screams a war cry that's half-fury, half-humiliation. He throws his sword right at your branch, forcing you to jump down the tree and dart for cover in the underbrush. He chases after you, ignoring his party's protests and warnings.

Mission accomplished.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)