More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Fiftyfiftyfifty Fiftyfiftyfifty

Who do you want to follow?

Nia

Like a beautiful forest sprite--a dryad of sorts--with skin as soft and smooth as a leaf or a petal from a flower, sylvari were fascinating creatures. They were born all types, with varying personalities and ambitions. Nia, however, was noticeably strange. Her appearance wasn't unusual for her kind, but she was simple-minded, and didn't understand much of the world, especially outside of her homeland.

Everything was so strange in Divinity's Reach compared to the Grove. For several weeks she had been working as a mercenary off and on, while trying to find her place in the world. Usually, she found herself trying to speak to people at taverns and other public places, to try to make friends, and to entertain herself. This day was no different.

She made her way inside a tavern called the Maiden's Whisper, donned in a set of basic metal armour. On one side of her waist, she had an axe, and on the other, a sword. It was the look of a rag-tag warrior. Though despite that, she had beautiful skin and hair, as well a cute face. It was an odd combination.

Nia walked up to the counter where another young woman was drinking white wine, and behind the counter was a hulking man without any hair on his head.

"Hi everyone!" Nia announced. Then from her pocket, she retrieved a few coins, and slapped them down on the counter. "I'll take a glass of melon juice for me, and whatever the rest of this pays for that my new friend is having."

The woman looked over. There was a slight tan to her skin, and she had a smooth, exposed midriff between a high-cut top. Her legs were covered by a pair of pants which hugged her figure very firmly. Around her shoulder was a handbag of supplies, such as vials and strange, mysterious, magical reagents. Her long, blond hair was tied up and hung over her shoulder as well.

"Pardon me?" the woman asked.

"My name is Nia," she replied, ignoring the question. "What's your name?"

"You really don't need to do something so kind for me, but my name is Veza. It's a pleasure to meet you, sylvari."

"Same here," she said and suddenly shook the woman's hand, catching her by surprise.

A glass was placed down on the counter. "Drink is ready," the bartender said bluntly before he returned to cleaning.

Nia lifted the beverage and chugged it down. Near the end, a bit trickled down her chin. She attempted to wipe herself dry, and gasped in delight before placing the empty glass back onto the counter top.

"That really hit the spot," she said. "So what's in the bag?"

"Oh... just magical things. I'm an alchemist, and I do know a little bit of magic. Though I'm still just a beginner."

Onwards to the next page.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)